How old is Your Regulator & Oldest lasting Regulator ??

How old is your oldest Functional Regulator

• 3 years

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 4 yr

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • 5 yr

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • 6 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 7 yr

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • 8 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 9 yr

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 10 yr

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • 10 -15 yr

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • 15 -20 yr

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 20 - 30 yr

Votes: 25 17.4%
  • 30+ yr

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my USD Conshelf XIV is 24 years old, I bought it when I was in the Navy in 1981. Great reg. in fact USD has recently started manufacuring it again by popular demand, which makes me VERY happy as I was beginning to worry about getting parts for it for maintenance, don't have to worry anymore!!

I orginally purchased it because it was the reg the Navy was spec'ing for it's divers at the time, pretty good recommendation as far as I'm concerned.

as far as maintenance, I get it rebuilt about every 2-3 years and have never had any trouble with it.

I have a Scubapro Mark 3 that I bought about 1969, and a Mark 5 from 1971. The Mark 5 I retired after 32 years of heavy use. The simple little Mark 3 is almost unused, since I bought it for a back-up redundant system I never used. It seems to equal or outperform just about everything new I compare it to. All original hoses, and never been updated in any way. Very simple. When I bought this regulator there were no SPGs, but I attached one last week. I'm using it next week in a shallow inlet dive. I use a high end Zeagle these days, just to be cautious. The Mark V, though, is family. I take it out and remember how the keys were 30 years ago, or how Negril's reefs looked in 1972. We remember how it was before all the noise, all the people, all the posturing.

I have several old regulators ........ a Voit Titan II J purchased in 1968 ...... just had it rebuilt and it works fine now. Also I own a Dacor R4 double hose regulator made sometime in the 70's. >>>>>>> DID YOU HEAR >>>>> Mares/Dacor is offering a trade in program for many of their older Dacor regulators ....... to find out more about the program go to www.scubaboard.com/t110024-.html for more information

us divers
conshelf se2
80s, not sure exactly what year

my mother in law bought when she was into diving. she stopped and my father in law used occasionally in the pool to keep functional. last year, he gave them to me and i had them serviced. o rings, seals and a hose replaced and i have about a dozen dives on them.

1) Brand: Sherwood

2) Model: Magnum II

3) Year Bought: 1988

4) Religious Maintenance Chores: Rinse/dry after each use, serviced every 2-3 years depending on amount of use

It's still my primary regulator and looks/works as good as new!

I'd forgotten this thread was around. Since I made my post 3½ years ago, I purchased a 1955 Over pressure regulator.

I bought this used in 1990 from a dive shop-was a rental unit. I am still using it, probably has over 100 dives on it. It is in the shop now for a check up only because it had never been back into the shop since I bought it. I have royally abused this unit and it is still kicking. I will probably get a new Sherwood next year just because.

This thread must have been cycled through the Cylon Resurrection ship on Battlestar.

But for the record - US Divers double hose DW Mistral from 1958

I made two dives yesterday with one of my blue painted Voit 50 Fathom double hose regs. It was produced in 1959, and is my favorite model of all time. Heck, if it was good 'nuff for Mike Nelson, then it is good 'nuff for me...

Greg Barlow

Back
Top Bottom