How old is Your Regulator & Oldest lasting Regulator ??

How old is your oldest Functional Regulator

• 3 years

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 4 yr

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • 5 yr

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • 6 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 7 yr

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • 8 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 9 yr

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 10 yr

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • 10 -15 yr

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • 15 -20 yr

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 20 - 30 yr

Votes: 25 17.4%
  • 30+ yr

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Sherwood Oasis, Oasis+ circa late 1980's, a Sherwood Oasis II circa mid 1990s and a Scubapro MK20/500 about 10-11 years old. These are all great regs. The Sherwoods are a bit more "simplistic" in design, but that is not a bad thing. I've tried the newer Sherwood, but have not been impressed (haven't tried their newest SR1 release). I've had them way below recreational diving depths and have not had a problem. I like the look and function of my scubapro too. All breathe well. The "stats" say that my scubapro should breathe better at depth and this may be true. Newer regs talk about ease of breathing at extreme depths and ability to deliver mega cubic feet of air per minute if needed (if you need mega cubic feet of air per minute, the reg will not be the problem). Maybe I'm old school, but there is something to be said for simplicity and fewer parts (less failure points). Will I buy newer regs, yeah probably cause I'm a scuba junkie (Hi, I'm diveprof, I'm a scuba junkie...).

1) Brand: Scubapro
2) Model: MK10 1st Stage + R190 2nd Stage
3) Year Bought: 1993
4) Service: Irregular, cause never had any problems, most major is the replacement of the Octopus (yellow) R190 cover which had a crack on the first year, had it replaced with the Gray Octo R190 cover and been reliable and durable setup ever since. Also changed the original silicon mouthpiece to Comfobites (about 2 or 3 times total)

Attachments

• scuba-regulator-CIMG9386.JPG
    scuba-regulator-CIMG9386.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 68
  • scuba-regulator-CIMG9378.JPG
    scuba-regulator-CIMG9378.JPG
    322.7 KB · Views: 56
1978 Scubapro MkV/R109, bought new that spring. It's my only reg, the other 2 I have are for my wife & daughter.

My oldest and favorite is a 1955 La Spirotechnique Mistral single stage two hose. My newest is a Scubapro MK V / 109 adjustable from 1984. In between are are several two hose and single hose regulators from U S Divers and Voit.

My oldest is a US Divers 'DA Aqua-Master' I bought used in 1971. It was sold new in 1969. Recently, I had it completely refurbished. It looks new and breathes well.
My newest is a SP MK 25 -S600.
:palmtree: Bob

Last edited:
For an old thread an old regulator, my 1958 Pico address USD Mistral:

DSCF0191.jpg

N

1) Brand: Voit

2) Model: Swimmaster Titan II

3) Year Bought: 1972

4) Religious Maintenance Chores: Rinse in fresh water after each dive. Overhauled for the 1st time last year.

Double Hose regs:
My oldest is a Voit 50 Fathom blue painted double hose. It is circa 1960 and I bought it used in 1967 for 10 bucks with a tank and Voit snugpack. Going strong and my favorite although I have a nice DA Aquamaster from 1967 that is a nice breather.

Favorite old single is a Conshelf V1 Non-magnetic UDT reg from '67, mint condition. Oldest is a Dacor Dart from the early 60's that was the first reg I ever took a breath of of. Has a leak in the second stage.

AquaMaster bought used in 1969 and still works great. Conshelfs XII's and XIV's from 1975 thru 2008 all the Conshelf's work great. Service them every 5 or 6 years. I can't see myself diving anything else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom