Halcyon sueing OxyCheq, US Divers and others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElectricZombie:
OMS should not even be in the same sentence as Halcyon. OMS products are a joke, plain and simple. Funny, I have two Halcyon wings and so does my usual buddy...zero problems between us. I don't know about Abyss wings, but based on what I have seen online, I don't want an Oxycheq either.

Hmmm... is that Grape or Strawberry I smell??? :rolleyes:

Ben

ElectricZombie:
OMS should not even be in the same sentence as Halcyon. OMS products are a joke, plain and simple.

Really scientific Zombie. Put a OMS bp/harness next to a Halcyon. There is absolutely no difference. Put their wings next to each other, there is absolutely no difference. If there is a decernable difference, it is defineatly not big enough to warrant your comment. Sounds like the old Ford vs. Chevy debate.

weekender:
I know your kidding but it would be funnier if you actually pick on an enemy of the USA.

I didn’t mean to pick on anyone. It was intended as a “poke” at stereotypes based on nationality.

mempilot:
Really scientific Zombie. Put a OMS bp/harness next to a Halcyon. There is absolutely no difference. Put their wings next to each other, there is absolutely no difference. If there is a decernable difference, it is defineatly not big enough to warrant your comment. Sounds like the old Ford vs. Chevy debate.

A BP is a BP...pretty hard to screw up other than the harness. The outer shell of the wings are similiar, but the inner bladder of the Halcyon is tougher. Many OMS wings have bungees, multiple dumps and long inflators. I can dive a Halcon right out of the box with zero modifications.

OneBrightGator:
Hmmm... is that Grape or Strawberry I smell??? :rolleyes:
Ben
Cherry...want some? :eek:verlord:

It's that sort of anti-every-company-that-isn't-Halcyon-or-doesn't-bow-down-to-GI attitude that has created such a vocal opposition to Halcyon as a company.

scubasean:
Certainly...What info are you looking for?

Just articles, press releases on the subject. Maybe they'd have more pertinant info as they're closer to the lawsuit.

Some did say this lawsuit has been kept quiet, maybe there are no "non 2nd hand 3rd hand etc" sources of info ?

Ryan

Just because some OMS products have features you don't like doesn't mean everything they make is poop, In fact I'm sure you can get a wing with the correct amount of lift, the right number of dumps and the correct length inflator from every manufacturer right out of the box and cheaper than a Halcyon wing to boot!

Zombie indeed :winky:

Ben

ElectricZombie:
A BP is a BP...pretty hard to screw up other than the harness. The outer shell of the wings are similiar, but the inner bladder of the Halcyon is tougher. Many OMS wings have bungees, multiple dumps and long inflators. I can dive a Halcon right out of the box with zero modifications.

Just order the OMS without the bungees and with the standard inflator hose. Every wing OMS sells comes either way. They're just giving you the same quality product with an option. I don't like bungees either, so I didn't get them. My inflator hose is shorter than my old BC's. Actually, this is a personal preference based on body size, so again an option. I looked at both Halcyon and OMS. Apples to apples, no difference. As for the bladder being tougher...?

MikeS:
I didn’t mean to pick on anyone. It was intended as a “poke” at stereotypes based on nationality.

I got that. No worries, i was kidding around also.

Zombie if you go to the OMS site you'll see that you can get a bladder you just described. I dive in the NE where oms is popular and based. im always amazed how many people on this site bash their products. i had no idea all of us up here had junk for gear and are unsafe divers because of it. thanks for the thoughtful input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom