Halcyon sueing OxyCheq, US Divers and others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or... I can slip into the Gulf Stream and have 72degree water... hmnnnnn... :D

I have 26 dives logged so far this year, so I am not too dry yet! Still, I want to see the mighty geoduck and learn what kelp is really like. So a trip to the West Coast is inevietable.

Uncle Pug:
It's really hilarious how worked up some of you get over this stuff. :D

I wish you were here... beautiful sunny PNW day and the water is flat calm. I would take you out diving... help you to remember what it is like to scuba dive in water... that would put a smile on your face.

Nice Hijack.

Bob... You gotta get them in now... soon you will have to work like everyone else.
Pete... We have Bull Kelp in the PNW... you want the kelp in Cali.
Chris... Thanks, glad you liked it.

Northeastwrecks:
With no disrespect to Oxycheq intended, what leads you to believe that what he posted is the "truth". Because he put it on rec.scuba, or because it fits your pre-conceived notions of what is going on?

Eventually, certain facts may be decided by a judge or jury. Until then, however, all you've got are competing allegations.

Re-hijack - Back on topic :wink:

Something you may not be aware of... Zeagle tried to patent trim and weight pockets around '94 or '95, they were contacted by seapro and informed that they have been selling pockets for many years, zeagle dropped their patent application..

You also have to remember people like JJ have only been diving since '92(ish) and my guess is carmichael is probably from the same era.. There are alot of old products and techniques that have come and gone well before that.. Most older cave instructors I know were teaching putting led on al tanks in the very early years...

I know that a former employee of seapro (near its end not even the early years) has already offered a deposition for the defense testifying that trim weights and pockets were in use and being sold well before any patents were filed..

The ATpak was a tech bc(or harness)/wing setup that had the ability for no ditchable trim weights. It was first sold by watergil which eventually became seapro sometime in the 80s.

ANd Scott was definately selling STAs well before the patent was filed.. He was hired for HIS products..

jeggles:
I just read a post on a website that the owner of Halcyon has sued OxyCheq, US Divers and other companies for patent violations (weight integrated pockets?), but if I'm reading between the lines right, that Halcyon has settled with other companies for money, but wants some companies' entire stock of wings and oxygen analyzers! It sounds like Halcyon is trying to force it's competitors out of business by sueing them?

That just sounds un-American to me!!! :frown2:
Hi Jeggles - where did you hear this from and it is un-American.

DCDivenut:
Okay.. I have bene looking at getting into a BP/wings setup. I found a great shop in VA that carries Halcyon, OMS, Zeagle and more. They basically said they Zeagle BP is overpriced and not that great and the OMS/Abyss is designed more for NE wrecks than anything else.
So here's the rub, they were going to let me rent a Halcyon setup for a weeke in Cozumel and then if I decide to buy deduct the rental cost from the retails. Seems like a good deal but now I am having some second thoughts about Halcyon, well actually second thoughts are making a third trip...
The reason I like Halcyon is that Icould everythgin I wanted in one package. I honestly don't think I like the OMS stuff so I am kind of stuck...
If I were to put it togerther from bits and got a Fred T plate, where would I get the wing, harness, inflator from?

Get the Halcyon and tell Mark Hi!

caveseeker7:
It's been over a year and a half. What happened with the suit?

A few people settled and paid carmichael, some I heard are still fighting it, I know The suit was droped against oxycheq in return to not counter sue.. each paid their respective lawyers..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom