Halcyon Weight Distribution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhhhh, I see it now. I have always placed the tank a little high with my previous BCD and it worked to even out my trim. I guess I didn’t even think about it when I got my new set up and just placed it on the tank as I normally would have.
You could be feet heavy it’s hard to tell from just photos but it’s really easy to test in the water.

Just stop swimming get completely flat and then just don’t move and see which way you go, and then you can move the balance around some by just moving your arms and feet in and out.

It appears to me you are indeed head heavy. Look at your second photo and how high the tank valve is sitting. It is close to the top of your head. Also, look at the angle of the waist portion of the harness. It appears your plate is riding up. Also you have the trim pocket with weight up there in the center of the tank. Having the tank and weight up so high is making you compensate for being head heavy.

I would try a few things. First, lower the tank by following the second video I linked. Second, shorten the length of your crotch strap. As to weighting, you could try using only the weighted STA; no ACB or trim pockets. If you don't want to use the STA weight, you could try putting the trim pocket on the bottom strap close to the plate and with either a bare minimum in the ACB pockets or none at all. For example, I took off my ACB pockets and use trim pockets on the top and bottom straps.

It appears to me you are indeed head heavy. Look at your second photo and how high the tank valve is sitting. It is close to the top of your head. Also, look at the angle of the waist portion of the harness. It appears your plate is riding up. Also you have the trim pocket with weight up there in the center of the tank. Having the tank and weight up so high is making you compensate for being head heavy.

I would try a few things. First, lower the tank by following the second video I linked. Second, shorten the length of your crotch strap. As to weighting, you could try using only the weighted STA; no ACB or trim pockets. If you don't want to use the STA weight, you could try putting the trim pocket on the bottom strap close to the plate and with either a bare minimum in the ACB pockets or none at all. For example, I took off my ACB pockets and use trim pockets on the top and bottom straps.
Thank you! The video really helped a lot. I am definitely a visual person so seeing what you described made a big difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom