Question Hydros Pro or STek or Halcyon Infinity which should I buy as a new diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will say that 100% of all single tank dives I do can be performed using my BPW. Only 80% can be performed by the Hydros Pro. But for those 80%...I actually prefer the Hydros Pro.

What type of single tank diving where a Hydros Pro can't be used and you have to use a BPW?

What type of single tank diving where a Hydros Pro can't be used and you have to use a BPW?
It's pricey and all cheap plastic parts ... why would you want one? Of course it can be used for single tank diving but so can any other (super cheap) jacket BC on the market.

I'm all for people getting a cheap jacket BC if someone is on a budget, they're just fine but I definitely would advice against getting any type of pricey plastic wing jacket when you can get a proper wing/bp for less.

It's pricey and all cheap plastic parts ... why would you want one? Of course it can be used for single tank diving but so can any other (super cheap) jacket BC on the market.

I'm all for people getting a cheap jacket BC if someone is on a budget, they're just fine but I definitely would advice against getting any type of pricey plastic wing jacket when you can get a proper wing/bp for less.

Did I ask for your opinion? I don't see anyone else asking for your opinion. You have NO idea of what you are talking about at all, NOTHING!!

I have asked a specific question to an experienced instructor who is using the Hydros Pro for 80% of his single tank diving. Why are you butting in with totally irrelevant and WRONG information?

Why are you butting in with totally irrelevant and WRONG information?
To help prevent people making a mistake by spending money on a bad and way overpriced piece of gear.

What does your jacket do that a used 100 dollar jacket can't do?

To help prevent people making a mistake by spending money on a bad and way overpriced piece of gear.

What does your jacket do that a used 100 dollar jacket can't do?

Hahahaha

You have to dump your "sunshine droppings" in every thread you happen to drop in and turn it into shiit.

This thread and several other threads related to the Scubapro Hydros Pro BC full of MANY very happy and satisfied divers who own the Hydros Pro. Many of these folks are highly experienced divers and instructors who are using the BC. These folks' opinion don't matter and don't count but your glorious opinion that is not based on actual experience or knowledge is the one with go by.

BTW, I have been using the Hydros Pro for a little more than a year. I ditched my BP/W BC and have been using the Hydros Pro for my own recreational single tank diving exclusively since I got it.

Lol, the Hydros Pro is over 700 Euros. I'm sure some instructors dive these... my instructor trainer also wanted all his staff to use the pricey (crappy) stuff as it helps with sales. I doubt that many 'experienced' divers (nevermind instructors) would actually spend that money on something like this when they can get a proper rig for way less.

Lol, the Hydros Pro is over 700 Euros. I'm sure some instructors dive these... my instructor trainer also wanted all his staff to use the pricey (crappy) stuff as it helps with sales. I doubt that many 'experienced' divers (nevermind instructors) would actually spend that money on something like this when they can get a proper rig for way less.

Seriously, you magically turn every thread you participate in into a shiit show and totally derail the discussion preventing others from getting information and their questions answered.

I have a chest mount rebreather. For these dives, the BPW configuration is ideal. I have two sets of 2-inch D-Rings on the shoulder straps.

I am a new diver and trying to decide between the three buoyancy compensation devices. The local dive shop has the Hydros pro and Halcyon Infinity in stock. In full transparency I bought the Hydros Pro and am now second guessing myself and considering the Infinity. The shop owner told me both are great and there is a reason the Hydros is the number one seller.

My intention is to do PADI Advanced in the next few months through the shop. I was then considering GUE fundies. This is why I would need the BP/W. I have spoken with 2 people about fundies. One who said it’s a great community and the other who was not a fan.

I am very much in the training learning phase now and want good gear I can travel and grow with. They don’t have the S-Tek in stock so it’s more between Infinity and Hydros. Originally I was going to do the Atomic BC2 but decided against it. With the Hydros I was excited about having only two hoses. Air2 and Primary with wireless AI on my Perdix 2. They do not recommend the Air2 with the Infinity and I could do GUE training with it.

Which is better or is it all personal preference between being able to do GUE or having a travel friendly minimalist setup?

Thank you for any opinions or advice.

Fin: Apeks RK3
Wetsuit: 7mm Bare
Regulator: Atomic B2
Computer: Perdix 2
BC: ?? Infinity or Hydros
I purchased a Hydros Pro, as my 1st bcd. I even purchased it, before my OW even started, and used it for the class. I bought it used from my LDS, it was the owners personal bcd. I have never had an issue with the straps, but then I only lift it by the handle when the tank is attached. My local GUE instructor has told me, I can use my single tank setup to do Fundies, but I would only be able to get a Rec pass, not a Tech pass. I also dive with redundant air and have a SDI Solo cert. My Hydros is set up with a standard config and I do not use an Air2. I currently have 359 dives on my Hydros, and see no reason to go to any other bcd. I purchased this one with the thought I would not need a different one. If I do see myself going into tech, SM would be the way I would go. Check with your local GUE people, they might be ok with a single tank setup, slinging redundant air, for a Rec pass. If you want the Tech pass, you will need to go backmount doubles though. Enjoy your Hydros, with proper care, they will last a long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom