Question Hydros Pro - Floatation Position on the Surface?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah. Sorry for the
It's ScubaBoad, we expect nothing less, and most of us enjoy it.
I am guilty of it a lot, my last post about Bali is a prime example.

Just do your thing Rob, we love it. 👌

In rescue situation from bottom up, I wouldn't use the pull dump (I use it in other situations however) since the pull dump is difficult to control how much air it lets out. I'd use the deflate button for more precise control. I normally only use the deflate button much more than the pull dump valves because I want precise control of how much air I let out.

That's what SB is all about 🤠
It’s not a thread hijack. As the OP, I switched the subject after getting great advice on flotation position. Thanks for the great thoughts on using the pull dump. I’m going to stick with the conventional dump method, but keep the pull dump in mind as a backup system.

yeah some valid points

I just shortened, my corrugated hose on a wing and made a new pull wire, from some old nylon shark
leader scored twenty years ago from a junk market on a spool of 100 metres using two bronze crimps

But because the cheap manufacturers, did not add a pull dump I grabbed one from my DGX stockpile
not only because the shoulder dump is the safest quickest easiest to employ without lifting your hose
finding pushing the correct button, to dump in an emergency, for new divers hey uncontrolled ascent
but because the inflator's where my hand is, and I'm good at pulling and never learnt to do the lifting

Reliant on, Perspective

or none

1719393388564.png

Back
Top Bottom