Doing rebreather class next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your end goal is to dive a rebreather, the sooner you get one the better.

Any skills you learn on oc you learn on the rb.
Generally agree, exception being cave. Didn't say full care, but the starter cave classes.

I 100% love feed back that is helpful. IE tell me all the MTs I will need to clime but the ones who are just looking to be a inte on here will drive you nutesernet D-bag I stop listening…
Dude, don't listen to these people. Your reasons for wanting to go to 500' don't matter. Your process for getting there does.

Look, it happens on every single forum in every single arena. I have a high end bicycle. It was the first bike I ever bought. I wanted to buy once, cry once. The forums all told me I was nuts, buy cheaper, I'll never get the use out of it.

I wanted to start shooting serious long range. I bought the best of the best. I was told I was nuts if I thought I would ever shoot accurately at 1000-2000 yards. Don't spend the money

I wanted to go out on my own, leave my 6 figure job to start my own agency. People said, "You're nuts, you'll never compete with the big guys. You'll be out of business in a year", Today, I own one of the largest agencies in the US. You wouldn't believe what I make today.

I wanted to get into aviation. I bought an airplane, then found lessons. I told people I was going to have a twin engine plane within 6 months. Okay, it took me 9months. "Oh! Too far, too fast, you'll die, you'll poke your eye out kid" 18 months in I own half a dozen aircraft and have 800+ hours in less than 18 months.

My point is, half your world is going to be filled with the wimpy, the naysayer, the jealous, the incapable. Don't listen to them. I don't care why you want to go to 500'. I started diving in 1996. I said then that I wanted to go to 500'. I became certified to 500' in 1998. I didn't actually hit 500' until 2020.

Understand that people like us, the kind of people who are able to set lofty goals AND ACTUALLY REACH THEM are super rare and people who aren't like us have to make themselves feel like less losers than they are by talking down to your ideas. And they'll do it with the tone of, "We don't want you to die", "We want you to be safe" They don't care about you. They care about what it says about them when a guy like you or I sets a goal that is important to us that they don't have the balls, income, or intelligence to reach themselves.

I've done it my entire life. And even with huge setbacks over my nearly 5 decades of existence, I still move onward and upward reaching lofty dreams. And for all of those decades, the majority of the noise around me said it wouldn't be possible. Suck it! Just because you can't do it, or don't want to do it, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me for wanting to do it.

I set lofty goals. I want a jet. I'm working toward one. I want a 50 million dollar net worth. I'm working towards it. It doesn't matter if my goals don't line up with the naysayers opinion.

With all that said, spend some time on this forum and figure out who the great sources of wisdom, common sense and information are. It's not hard. There's just a couple in this thread. And ignore the people who scream, "you'll poke your eye out kid." And honestly, 500' isn't that big of a deal. You certainly have a long road ahead of you, but good gear, good experience, good instruction, warm clear water and proper planning, and it's a piece of cake.

Oh, and 500' can be done in about 90 minutes total run time. But it will cost you more than $10k in gear if you did it the way I did it.

I'd specultae the once you embark on your journey this goal will change when u understand the magnitude of a 500' dive as wel as the tens of thousands of dollars you're going to spend getting there
I mean if I add up all that I have spent for diving so far I am at like 70k tho this is also including the RV so I can live at the lake most weeks!

Oh, and 500' can be done in about 90 minutes total run time. But it will cost you more than $10k in gear if you did it the way I did it.
The CCR I am looking at is just under 15k for it all lol.

How did your dives go today?
I’m interested in hearing about one of them, I kind of want to see a picture of your
Computer too
Did not dive the last few days as I had to be in town! I leave tomorrow morning back for the lake!

I've been straight with you. So I'll keep being straight with you. Don't spend 15k on a rebreather. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom