Doing rebreather class next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is one of those threads where you hope the OP benefits from the considerable knowledge & experience in this space.
100% please unload all the experience and knowledge you have on me! With that said make sure its experience and knowledge not just negative opinions!

Us d bags are trying to keep you alive. Some of the things you have said makes us wonder if you have the right attitude to do this safely.
Why because I made the mistake of telling the forum my end goal? Please tell me how someone name calling or saying crap like “id never dive with you”is helping any one? Or even seeing if I have the right “attitude?

How about I want to dive to 500 so I can tell people I've been to 500. Totally wrong attitude, that is how people die.
As all ready been stated I never once said id tell ppl. I said so “I” would know I have been deeper. Also I figured the 🤣 would also indicate that that was some what of a joke as lets face it. Other then just for personal reasons no point in going to 500 feet. Also with that said, it still stands just because someone is looking to do it for the wrong reason its not a reason for being a Dbag? In fact all that will do is make the person ignore the really good advice you might have!

How did your dives go today?
I’m interested in hearing about one of them, I kind of want to see a picture of your
Computer too

For me I am not after the quick side of it. And sure it will be cheaper but CCR is my end goal.
Download several CCR manuals from the manufacturers website and read their articles. It would be difficult for you to discern who is giving you the right advice. GUE, TDI have a lot of free information on their sites. Doubles is great for shallow caves with minor restrictions and extreme depth. Dive Gear Express has a library. Asking random questions about Technical diving poses a problem. No one wants to give free advice on training. Use other sources like YouTube.

So you want to embark on this journey ending in a 500 feet dive simply because you want bragging rights.
Did I get that right?

We don't know what we don't know and I will assume you do not fully understand what a dive to 500 feet means, or how incredibly rare it is that people do those types of dives.

People chasing those depths simply for the sake of chasing the depth have a tendency to die.
I refer to that mentality as testosterone poisoning.

100% this is a 10 year goal. With that said it will have multiple divers in the water staged. Also thank you for the feed back on this!
I'd specultae the once you embark on your journey this goal will change when u understand the magnitude of a 500' dive as wel as the tens of thousands of dollars you're going to spend getting there

I'd specultae the once you embark on your journey this goal will change when u understand the magnitude of a 500' dive as wel as the tens of thousands of dollars you're going to spend getting there

I've spent that just trying to do deco at 100-130 feet

If your end goal is to dive a rebreather, the sooner you get one the better.

Any skills you learn on oc you learn on the rb.

Back
Top Bottom