Doing rebreather class next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But I'm only ScubaBoard.com MOD1 qualified at the moment. Still waiting for more info before I am ready for MOD2.
Still want to know what this means?
If scubaboard.com mod1, is available
I would like a link or something to see the materials.
Most people frown on being certified by an internet site like scubaboard... not that there is anything wrong with reading scubaboard or something, and learning something, but u need to be careful what you retain when you read.
I'm learning about CCR procedures. Send me materials DM if peer group pressure intimidates you more than me.
No need to be snarkyy, I am just asking a simple question,
See if you can get rebreather world working properly, you'll get way more info,

I hope your learning involves actual inwater, hands on practice, not just reading...

I have met a Prism II diver who went down to 462 feet in warm water. Personally, the engineering aspects on the unit looks cheap. But I'm only ScubaBoard.com MOD1 qualified at the moment. Still waiting for more info before I am ready for MOD2.

It is not intended for cold water diving past 10 degrees. So I read.
I'm learning about CCR procedures. Send me materials DM if peer group pressure intimidates you more than me.
I have read the Prism II manual, and the regulators are rated to 10 degrees. Out of my level of experience

So you know NOTHING and yet you still continue to butt in with you most uninformed and uneducated opinions in a highly specialized topic?

So you know NOTHING and yet you still continue to butt in with you most uninformed and uneducated opinions in a very highly specialized topic?
Maybe their firmware needs an update….

It’s too bad the mod squad team doesn’t do more to close these threads.

So its all I have been doing! 80-90% of my dives I just do nothing but skills. From different kicks to being able to stay in any position the only one I can not master is being on my side! I can float feet down/head down/ on back and normal but trying to stay on my side with out moving its hard!
Excellent.

For sideways stability, there’s sidemount. Sideways isn’t good for backmount.

Finning skills include frog kicking— the standard technical diving technique — helicopter turns and backfinning.

Trim is basically flat for comfort and streamlining.

The hardest skill is to remain motionless in the water. You spend hours doing this at decompression stops, deeper diving means many times more at deco than at depth.

for plans I want to compleat.
Ice diving
All tec
Cave diving
That is the 5 year plan the next 5 years will be spent working on all skills in 50feet increment’s. Tell I hit my 500 goal.
So in the next 5 years you also want to be a cave diver and take all those classes. That will involove a LOT of travel as the last I heard Montana isn't exactly known for cave diving. But quality instructors for a rebreather are too far for you to travel to.

So in the next 5 years you also want to be a cave diver and take all those classes. That will involove a LOT of travel as the last I heard Montana isn't exactly known for cave diving. But quality instructors for a rebreather are too far for you to travel to.
Don’t let anyone **** on your dreams. There’s a safe way to make it happen. Get with the right people.

Don’t let anyone **** on your dreams. There’s a safe way to make it happen. Get with the right people.
To **** on one's dreams you must wait until they're asleep and then squat over their face, correct?

I got on a rebreather a couple months after I got my open water. Made possible by a now defunct company I won't mention..... Its not an impossible thing to do, but I also became buddies with my instructor so I got a lot of extra hours of instruction because I had everything else to sort out. I also live in a place non conducive to diving... So I have spent a small fortune traveling around getting a couple hours every trip over the last couple years. I don't even bring my equipment home often. Presently mod2 and full cave on a revo and air dil on a sidewinder 130hrs ccr diving not dead yet. My advice to you would be don't get a prism they just seem cheap and their marketing gimmick seems to be anyone can sell them and instruct on them. I think the rebreathers with only moderate complication are the way to go, basically anything running shearwater divecan without other bells and whistles so revo, jj, meg tiburon. I think the revo was good to learn on as the hybrid setup gives you a good parachute and its practical to run manually as it originally was a manual unit, but it has a few shortcomings that I'm sure will be pointed out shortly. My second piece of advice would be don't be in a hurry to get deep and do long dives, do a lot of laps up and down long dives aren't really necessary for learning purposes when you are trying to get your buoyancy and loop volume sorted out. I actually have spent some time recently learning some of the stuff I should of tried first ie backmount doubles and hope to try sidemount soon (sidewinder was with doubles it was just an experiment for future endeavors).

When did I ever say they are to far? I go to FL next year for the CCR class. And I am going to spend a few weeks down that way. And do some more CCR diving.

Excellent.

For sideways stability, there’s sidemount. Sideways isn’t good for backmount.

Finning skills include frog kicking— the standard technical diving technique — helicopter turns and backfinning.

Trim is basically flat for comfort and streamlining.

The hardest skill is to remain motionless in the water. You spend hours doing this at decompression stops, deeper diving means many times more at deco than at depth.
That is true every dive I do now my 3/15 is done free floating not holding any thing! I still have a long ways with that tho

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom