Choosing my first rebreather SF2 vs JJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was doing some research on the XRC since i do some point plan on trying the JJ. Is the 6 hour rating on XRC CE rated? Or is the calculation based on scrubber size?

And where did you find the SF2 CE rating at 135min? The manual says no more then 3 hours/180min

Yes it is a CE rating

Check pg. 13 below is snip shot of it. They sneakily word it "as part of the certification" and then go on to state the CE test parameters, like I said SF does not like to advertise it but technically they need to inform there customers. Also it is a mission to get the actual CE test results from SF.

Trust me I would know my the guy on the cover of the SF2 manual is a friend and also use to be my next door neighbor.
As I mentioned above much earlier the biggest problem and the No Go for me on the SF2 is the scrubber. The OP is specifically asking about deep wreck diving. This is basically what the JJ was designed for. Proper deep exploration diving. Yeah sorry the SF2 is not built for that. I like my life too much to be running a CE rated 135min scrubber way over. Ill stick to the JJ 4kg radial XRC scrubber (almost twice the size of the SF2 scrubber) on a 6-8hr deep deco dive.

I think scrubber ratings is one of the most overlooked things people do not take into account when buy a unit. And also during dive planning. What if you have an issue and over stay your bottom time and rack up alot more deco, our you need to do in water recompression, or your in a cave and get lost and now your 6hr dive turns into an 8hr dive, how confident are you in your scrubber???. Usually people are always looking at WOB, CL location, cool fancy features like He sensors, pressure transmitters, etc. But don't forget your life if most dependent on your scrubber. And sorry a 135min CE rating is pretty sad. It is also something that most SF2 instructor do not disclose or like to talk about.

Direct from the SF2 manual pg. 13. Also SF does not like to share the CE test results, you will see that JJ will share them no issue.

View attachment 850875

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom