Doing rebreather class next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You’ve go so much to learn.

I like the message printed on a Kiss rebreather: “Warning, this machine can kill you without notice”

If your skills aren’t up to scratch, rebreathers will kill you.
100% I am always learning!

I have read the Prism II manual and the regulators are rated to 10 degrees. Out of my level of experience

Some Interesting info!

So @Fishdip, what are your diving plans for the next couple of years?

You should take some QUALITY training to set you on the path for technical diving. This is very unlikely to be your local PADI shop.

You would be well advised to take GUE Fundamentals. This sets the bar high with the basic skills you’ll need in your technical dive career. This will require you to start diving with a DIR-style twinset, ditching all your recreational equipment. You then need to allocate plenty of practice time to really sort out your core skills (trim, finning and buoyancy) — many months.

After that, you need to take an Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures with a GREAT instructor to learn how to dive beyond recreational limits. This would be on your DIR twinset with a single decompression cylinder.

Only after that — will take at least a year — should you look at rebreathers.
Tip: rebreather diving is far easier to learn if you’ve got sorted core skills and understand decompression theory

You then need to allocate plenty of practice time to really sort out your core skills (trim, finning and buoyancy) — many months.
So its all I have been doing! 80-90% of my dives I just do nothing but skills. From different kicks to being able to stay in any position the only one I can not master is being on my side! I can float feet down/head down/ on back and normal but trying to stay on my side with out moving its hard!

So @Fishdip, what are your diving plans for the next couple of years?
for plans I want to compleat.
Ice diving
All tec
Cave diving
That is the 5 year plan the next 5 years will be spent working on all skills in 50feet increment’s. Tell I hit my 500 goal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom