Doing rebreather class next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure how good any of my computers would work with it or if I should get a dedicated one for it.

Not sure how good any of my computers would work with it or if I should get a dedicated one for it.
Okay, so...
Take this with a grain of salt. I technically sell both of these units, (although I really don't sell much because I'm loaded lol)

The biggest issue with diving deep on CCR is WOB. So, if I'm going to 500', It has to be the best WOB unit on the planet. I'll start with I have dove every single commonly popular CCR on the market. REVO, KISS, Optima, JJ, MEG, etc, etc, etc... There is no better breathing rebreather than the Optima CM. A close second is the OTSCL Liberty. So, If I'm risking my life, it's going to be the Optima CM for extreme depth. The Liberty is a fantastic rebreather, but the management of the company in the USA is problematic.

Your rebreather will likely come with computer

Okay, so...
Take this with a grain of salt. I technically sell both of these units, (although I really don't sell much because I'm loaded lol)

The biggest issue with diving deep on CCR is WOB. So, if I'm going to 500', It has to be the best WOB unit on the planet. I'll start with I have dove every single commonly popular CCR on the market. REVO, KISS, Optima, JJ, MEG, etc, etc, etc... There is no better breathing rebreather than the Optima CM. A close second is the OTSCL Liberty. So, If I'm risking my life, it's going to be the Optima CM for extreme depth. The Liberty is a fantastic rebreather, but the management of the company in the USA is problematic.

right now I have the MK2i main computer and the back up is a oceanic pro plus4 I just got the MK2 a few weeks ago I was using a scuba pro Galiao hud but it was garbage!

Okay, so...

I believe it was Richard Harris and his dive buddy (name escapes me now) that use a dual Meg setup for deep cave dives. 247m with a primary Meg and a second Meg feed into the loop for bailout at depth vs going OC. To me these frontier explorers using a Meg for 800+ ft says a lot about its capabilities.

I believe it was Richard Harris and his dive buddy (name escapes me now) that use a dual Meg setup for deep cave dives. 247m with a primary Meg and a second Meg feed into the loop for bailout at depth vs going OC. To me these frontier explorers using a Meg for 800+ ft says a lot about its capabilities.
Meg is super capable. But I'm a WOB snob. WOB > ALL ELSE (Within reason)

right now I have the MK2i main computer and the back up is a oceanic pro plus4 I just got the MK2 a few weeks ago I was using a scuba pro Galiao hud but it was garbage!
I'd probably quit buying crap gear until you find an excellent mentor. You wasted quite a bit of money already :)

Fully kitting out the meg gets expensive🤣

I'd probably quit buying crap gear until you find an excellent mentor. You wasted quite a bit of money already :)
I mean I loved the hud I wish it was not such garbage. Not sure why you think the mk2 and the proplus 4 is garbage tho? I have had 0 issues with them!

I mean I loved the hud I wish it was not such garbage. Not sure why you think the mk2 and the proplus for is garbage tho? I have had 0 issues with them!
I buy gear that I can't outgrow. That gear also needs to have rock solid customer support. If you look at 50 technical divers and ALL 50 are diving Shearwater, that's probably the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom