Doing rebreather class next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I buy gear that I can't outgrow. That gear also needs to have rock solid customer support. If you look at 50 technical divers and ALL 50 are diving Shearwater, that's probably the way to go.
I was a dealer for Oceanic for more than 20 years. The ProPlus has ALWAYS been crap. And I can say it now, because the dive shop is gone. Oceanic's customer service is a joke.

I was a dealer for Oceanic for more than 20 years. The ProPlus has ALWAYS been crap. And I can say it now, because the dive shop is gone. Oceanic's customer service is a joke.
Good to know! I just use it as a back up so its worked good for me so far!

The CCR I am looking at is just under 15k for it all lol.
Unlikely. Need to factor in the training and multiple cylinders for diluent and bailouts— 20 odd cylinders

Unlikely. Need to factor in the training and multiple cylinders for diluent and bailouts— 20 odd cylinders
confused what you mean? Are you saying The unit is going to be more then 15k?

Do you take 20 cylinders with you on every dive?
Don’t be obtuse.

You need differing bailouts for different depths and dive profiles as you well know. Similarly different diluent mixes and full pressure oxygen. Drysuit inflates too.

You’ll also probably keep some banking gas to mix the appropriate diluent.

20 cylinders is an underestimation

And, for clarity, the helium in those mixes is expensive. Plus periodic cylinder testing.

The OP doesn’t realise how much work there is on cylinder manipulation underwater, especially no-tox protocols.

Doing a 150m/500ft dive for any meaningful bottom time means a lot of "P"s

A bounce dive to that depth is bloody pointless, stupid and vainglorious. Ooh, look at meeeeeee. Classic DiveMaster tosh as their corpses are recovered from the blue hole.

But he won't need them for years to come. One bailout cylinder should be adequate for his first year.
And for (light) deco? That’s two plus one. And the ali80s rather than the ali7s? 5 or 6. And the helitrox mixes? That’s 7 or 8. Different diluent say 2. Add another oxygen and a couple of drysuit inflates. 14 thus far and still at MOD1 levels

But then you know that from your own personal experience.

But he won't need them for years to come. One bailout cylinder should be adequate for his first year.
You know this from your own extensive experience and training? What ccr certification do you have and ccr unit(s) do you own?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom