Can someone explain to me what the h*ll this is about??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ once bubbled...

rotflmao!

I've noticed that the vast majority of folks who are doing the bi***ing are East coast/midwest/tech/dir divers. (Massive generalization!) Not just in this thread, but just the general bi***ers. And what I hear most complaints about are siltouts/buoyancy issues. I dive in the Pacific, occasionally on cattle boats, and even with a lot of classes on the boats, I have yet to see silt be a problem.

Geez, I'm tired, quit whining and get out of the quarries.

Yeah, yeah. We know totally for sure that the California divers are the, like wow, best in the world and don't have these problems. It's like, ya know, unfortunate for the rest of us that aren't as totally cool to be there. Like wow, you must be the best!

Allen42 once bubbled...

My point is the difference between constructive and destructive criticism. Between an accepting place of learning and a close-minded place of preaching. Between a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and a harsh, critical one. It is believeing that this board should and could be a place that divers would want to ask open, honest questions and learn from the answers without fearing ridicule and derision.

What? This board is so tame it is painful. There are some topics which quickly degenerate into $hit slinging but overall it is the exact warm fuzzy place your afraid we're destroying. And given the moderators I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Cornfed

Jonathan once bubbled...
I don't think you will get many 100 dive OWSI wonders doing Tec Rec because they can't afford to shell out the cash for all the equipment they will have to buy.

The only Tec Rec instructors I have heard of or met have well over 100 dives and are usually an instructor in at least one of the other "tec" agencies.

Anyone actually met one of these 112 (min requirements + course dives) dive tech instructors?

To be honest I don't think it is of much concern.

Jonathan

The problem isn't that they do exist but they the can.

When did kneeling on the bottom become a death penalty offense? It has been picked on before, but if there is no visibility issue (bottom won't stir up) and there is no environmental damage being done, why is it such a problem. Being on your knees does not mean you can't get horizontal or neutral.

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
I've noticed that the vast majority of folks who are doing the bi***ing are East coast/midwest/tech/dir divers. (Massive generalization!) Not just in this thread, but just the general bi***ers. And what I hear most complaints about are siltouts/buoyancy issues. I dive in the Pacific, occasionally on cattle boats, and even with a lot of classes on the boats, I have yet to see silt be a problem.

Geez, I'm tired, quit whining and get out of the quarries.
So may I paraphrse?

"My solution for trim problems is NOT to learn good trim but to dive only where there's no silt."

Sounds like good PADI fast-track instructor material to me!

Roak

roakey once bubbled...

So may I paraphrse?

"My solution for trim problems is NOT to learn good trim but to dive only where there's no silt."

All well and good if you don't like caves, quarries, rivers, wrecks, sandy reefs and the Great Lakes. Let's see. What does that leave us? The Pacific ... oh yeah, and swimming pools. That's fun. 8)

JohnF

Diversauras once bubbled...
When did kneeling on the bottom become a death penalty offense? It has been picked on before, but if there is no visibility issue (bottom won't stir up) and there is no environmental damage being done, why is it such a problem. Being on your knees does not mean you can't get horizontal or neutral.

I think there's a strong correlation between the ones who kneel and the ones who must.

They also seem to be strongly represented in the DAN report. Last years report said over 40% of the dives that resulted in injuries also had buoyancy control problems reported and rapid ascents in over 25%.

This years report doesn't give those numbers for injuries but the figure for fatalities is over 60% had buoyancy control problems reported.

It's not an absolute death sentance but it sure gets you a spot in line.

cornfed once bubbled...

What? This board is so tame it is painful. There are some topics which quickly degenerate into $hit slinging but overall it is the exact warm fuzzy place your afraid we're destroying. And given the moderators I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Cornfed
Is it just me, or is it getting worse? My apologies in advance if this post or any other leads to the closing of this thread..

cornfed once bubbled...
What? This board is so tame it is painful. There are some topics which quickly degenerate into $hit(sic) slinging but overall it is the exact warm fuzzy place your(sic) afraid we're destroying. And given the moderators I doubt you have anything to worry about.
Why thankyewsir... thankyewverymuch!
Rick

cornfed once bubbled...

Cornfed

Go back to scuba.rec if you want painful. That place is a wreck...a bunch of "adults" who wouldn't have the balls to talk like that face to face during a debate with someone. There is absolutely NO need for the childish language and $hit slinging that you obviously prefer in the debates that occur. Look up the definition of opinion sometime, and realize that is all you are giving when you post. Sometimes a fact might slip through, but 99% of what is said in a pissin' contest is OPINION.

The mods keep this board civil...something that they have forgotten for the most part over in some of the other forums. And I for one, appreciate that.

Thanks Mods...even if we don't agree on everything, we do agree on one thing...lets keep this board civil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom