Blue Hole March 14th~15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robin,

I have a card table and some chairs that I will bring along in case we need it. You can also put me down for a side dish or two. This sounds like quite an event!

I just booked us in to Best Western Adobe. I can get room rates at $52 per night.

We have room for one more if necessary. We'd have to add a cot, which is $10 per night extra. Dan and I are sharing a room, but three is not really a crowd, even with dive gear! :D

I just booked us in to Best Western Adobe. I can get room rates at $52 per night.

We have room for one more if necessary. We'd have to add a cot, which is $10 per night extra. Dan and I are sharing a room, but three is not really a crowd, even with dive gear! :D

Dude! Are you getting the Senior Citizens discount or a AAA rate? Cheapest I could get was $64 a night at the Adobe Inn. Hell, maybe you can book my room and I'll pay you. :D RossB and I are sharing a room.

Dude! Are you getting the Senior Citizens discount or a AAA rate? Cheapest I could get was $64 a night at the Adobe Inn. Hell, maybe you can book my room and I'll pay you. :D RossB and I are sharing a room.
Like I said, AARP does not have a minimum age; get the card - it's free.

For now, you can use the Race Fan Rate, same as AAA and AARP. I missed a helluva discount on 2 rooms, 5 nights once when I didn't notice that.

I would like to know how he beat my rates tho: $54 single. $57 double.

Weather is looking okay, just not as nice as hoped. Jer suggested we show up for lunch Saturday and dive after that. Eh, ok; will be a bit warmer and save a night at hotel. I wouldn't suggest drinking anything that doesn't come from a warm thermos, i.e. coffee, decaf, hot chocolate, warmed juice, whatever. I think the Adobe has microwaves and the room coffee carafes don't have any metal.

After taking three classes with A1, I am associated with that LDS on the Best Western Adobe computer. They give the best rates available to dive shops who frequent BWA.

For this trip, I think if you have already booked, the rates will need to stand. In the future I can book more rooms for folks if need be, or if you have not booked rooms, and can pay me in cash, I can book rooms for folks. I'm betting the ABQ folks associated with dive shops may also be getting this rate, but not sure.

When all is said and done I think the cost is closer to $60 a night with taxes.

I don't remember Adobe having microwaves. I could bring a coleman stove if people want to warm drinks.

After taking three classes with A1, I am associated with that LDS on the Best Western Adobe computer. They give the best rates available to dive shops who frequent BWA.

For this trip, I think if you have already booked, the rates will need to stand. In the future I can book more rooms for folks if need be, or if you have not booked rooms, and can pay me in cash, I can book rooms for folks. I'm betting the ABQ folks associated with dive shops may also be getting this rate, but not sure.

When all is said and done I think the cost is closer to $60 a night with taxes.

I don't remember Adobe having microwaves. I could bring a coleman stove if people want to warm drinks.

You just tell them that you're 65, right? :) I booked online. I think I've stayed at the Adobe Inn like three times. I'll tell them I'm with A-1 next time.

You just tell them that you're 65, right? :) I booked online. I think I've stayed at the Adobe Inn like three times. I'll tell them I'm with A-1 next time.
What...?

This is the third time for me to try to say this but AARP does not have minimum age. Just join and put up with the junk mail. If a hotel offers AARP as lowest rate, book it and take your card, even if you're 25 or whatever. IF IT OFFER A SENIOR RATE, the site will state the minimum age, i.e. 50, 55, 60, 62, or whatever.

I just called the Adobe Inn about Microwaves; nope, only one in lobby. But it never hurts to ask for a lower rate, so I did. "What group are you with?" "Scubaboard" "$52 for 2" "Cool, can you change my rate?" "The name? Ok, done"
:eyebrow:
Maybe it's a general scuba divers rate? I'll ask grandma when I see her about this?

I just learned that the area code there has changed from 505 to 575. Need to edit all my Santa Rosa entries in my cell.

What...?

This is the third time for me to try to say this but AARP does not have minimum age. Just join and put up with the junk mail. If a hotel offers AARP as lowest rate, book it and take your card, even if you're 25 or whatever. IF IT OFFER A SENIOR RATE, the site will state the minimum age, i.e. 50, 55, 60, 62, or whatever.

I just called the Adobe Inn about Microwaves; nope, only one in lobby. But it never hurts to ask for a lower rate, so I did. "What group are you with?" "Scubaboard" "$52 for 2" "Cool, can you change my rate?" "The name? Ok, done"
:eyebrow:
Maybe it's a general scuba divers rate? I'll ask grandma when I see her about this?

I just learned that the area code there has changed from 505 to 575. Need to edit all my Santa Rosa entries in my cell.

I'm getting it worked out Don. Thanks for the AARP tip. :wink: I was just ribbing Ron. :)

I'm getting it worked out Don. Thanks for the AARP tip. :wink: I was just ribbing Ron. :)
Ah ok. Anyway, the best rate for this hotel seems to be Scuba rate, but call them direct.

Don, I TOLD you they did not have microwaves! :eyebrow: So you called anyway! :rofl3:

I guess next time I'll be LESS subtle! I said I don't think, but the reality is I've stayed there dozens of times, and the DO NOT! :D

Glad you got a better rate. I was not sure if that rate was available for anyone, or just those associated with some of the LDS's that frequent the Adobe. Sounds like if you are a diver, and tell them so, they honor the lowest rate. I am a bit surprised by that, but it's great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom