Blue Hole March 14th~15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice job on the video's both to James, and Robin! I wish we could have dove together Robin, but it was nice diving with your other half.

Keep in mind we were driving down Friday when you sent out the *schedule*. We don't do schedules very well in any event, but we might had made more of an effort on Saturday had we known there was one! :D

It wasn't really a set schedule, it was just something to shoot for since some people wanted to know exactly what to plan for...:D

Yes, I wish we could have dove together this time ....but there is always California this summer!!!! :D:D:D

Ron and I will definitely be heading out to Calif at least once. I have my eye on the Great Escape for Aug 1st-2nd. Boat is going to Santa Barbara on Sat (sea lion rookery diving!) and Catalina on Sunday. :D Southern California Scuba Diving - Great Escape Dive Boat
We are also planning to hit San Diego for a 2-3 day weekend and do wreck alley there. Not sure which boat, there is the LoisAnn, Marissa, and the Humboldt. Those boats don't have bunk rooms so we will have to stay in a hotel.
Several of our ABQ group want to go out with us this year so we might be able to get a nice group together!

robin:D

Nice job on the video's both to James, and Robin! I wish we could have dove together Robin, but it was nice diving with your other half.

Keep in mind we were driving down Friday when you sent out the *schedule*. We don't do schedules very well in any event, but we might had made more of an effort on Saturday had we known there was one! :D

Ron,

I asked for a schedule, as an outsider not knowing anyone or what they looked like it was nice knowing when to show up. I don't think anyone was rigid about it, but with a group it is nice to start on the same page.

By the way, it was posted around noon on Thusday, not Friday.

Doug

Wish the wife and I could have made it, but work didn't allow us to break free. Perhaps next time. By the way, we just got back from diving in Grand Turk. Couldn't have been better diving. Awesome trip!

Great video James!

Wish the wife and I could have made it, but work didn't allow us to break free. Perhaps next time. By the way, we just got back from diving in Grand Turk. Couldn't have been better diving. Awesome trip!

Great video James!

Thanks! Turks & Caicos is awesome isn't it? I've done both liveaboards in T&C (Aggressor/Explorer) and have dove all over provo, west caicos, french caye, west sand spit. :)

I know I told the story to Ron, Dan, and Ross, but when I was driving up to Santa Rosa on that Friday I had my video camera on a tripod in the passenger seat. Well I passed a government convoy transporting something. One of the trucks pulled up next to me and guys inside started talking and pointing at my truck. Well they followed me all the way to Santa Rosa and there was even a government van in the parking lot of the Blue Hole when I got there Friday. I'm pretty sure Ron thought I was being paranoid when I told him what happened. Fast forward to today, I get a call from the local FBI office and they asked if I would come speak with them. I went and talked with them during my lunch break and they were mighty curious what I was doing with a video camera in my truck and if I had gotten any footage of the transport convoy. Isn't that just freaky?

. Fast forward to today, I get a call from the local FBI office and they asked if I would come speak with them. I went and talked with them during my lunch break and they were mighty curious what I was doing with a video camera in my truck and if I had gotten any footage of the transport convoy. Isn't that just freaky?

Isn't that special?

I used to live in an area that had frequent routine military convoys. I can't imagine that happening with those.

My wild guess is that you were not witnessing a frequent routine military convoy.

Isn't that special?

I used to live in an area that had frequent routine military convoys. I can't imagine that happening with those.

My wild guess is that you were not witnessing a frequent routine military convoy.

These weren't military vehicles. These were unmarked civilian vehicles with US government tags. Mostly 4x4 Ford F-350's, 4x4 Ford Panel Vans, and 2 ton Chevy trucks with a box cargo hold instead of a truck bed. Most likely they were transporting material from Pantex.

Jeez!! Big Brother is 'EVERYWHERE'!!

Back
Top Bottom