Blue Hole in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning to dive BH on the weekend of Dec 29th~30th. Us Denverites will likely arrive in time for a night dive on Dec 28th if folks are interested.

ABQDiver thinks he will be down on Saturday, and spend some time with the travelers, so Perch is a must as the vis will most likely be great (in the 30' range). It will be COLD, soo bring a layer.

I think we will see little traffic, but I've certainly been wrong before. It will be interesting to see if this recent trend of milky, and low vis continues.

Ron

RonFrank:
Same story, different month. Looking to split room costs, and potentially gas down to the Blue Hole sometime in December. It's going to be C..O..L..D.. unless we hit it just right.

What is the ABQ contingent doing in December if anything? I normally would suggest the third weekend, and work around that. But with the Holidays, and everyone running around like madddd people buying candy canes, and turkeys, I'll see how this thread plays out, and try to work out the dates based on the responses.

So who is up for going from the Denver area? Tom, I'd love to hook up, but I know that weekends maybe difficult. I could maybe hook up for a Friday or Monday dive, but not sure that would work well for you either.

Ron,

I'd like to go. I'm waiting on my computer. I had to return it when I got back from Cozumel. One of the buttons no longer functions. Luckily, it isn't the primary button. It is used for setting things, and for reading the secondary screens, but it quit mid-week, so I already had salt water, altitude, and %O2 set. So I could use it, and could download the profiles to my computer. I will try and call and get the status of it tomorrow, but the rest of the week is going to be really busy for me.

The 15-16 of Dec looks good, as does the weekend between Xmas and New Years. Just suggestions. Have you checked with Stella? Will she be there any of the weekends in Dec? That might make a difference in when we go.

The only weekend that looked like was going to work for me because I wasn't working and didn't interfere with Christmas activities was going to be December 8-9, but it now looks like doing some pool work for an ow class. Bummer! I may try to make it on the 10-11 (Monday - Tuesday). We'll see how things turn out.

So who is up for going from the Denver area? Tom, I'd love to hook up, but I know that weekends maybe difficult. I could maybe hook up for a Friday or Monday dive, but not sure that would work well for you either.

I have been hoping to go the weekend before Christmas Dec 21-23 or possibly Dec 28-30. I can leave at noon on either of those Fridays.
Weather permitting, of course. :coffee:

Everything else is booked for Holiday activities.

I have been trying to see if I was free any weekends, but Dec is not going to be any good for me.

Tom

I just spoke with Dan, and it's looking like we will firm this up for either Dec 21-23 or Dec 28-30.

Another option we considered was doing something so we were there NewYears Eve, and New Years day, maybe a Sunday ~ Tuesday type of thing. The only downside to that is getting air fills. Stella generally is not around on weekdays, but there is a chance we could get her to open up for fills, or we could get some tanks off her on Sunday with advance notice.

I'm going to pick a date out of a hat, and post that unless others have a preference. We could also play it by ear, and try and pick the date based on the weather, but on Dec 21 I doubt if anyone can accurately predict the weather for the 28....

So if anyone is interested, or has a date preference please post! We have yet to hear from any of the ABQ folks. I'll send Kev a PM.

I can NOT make 21-23 Dec. I can probably make 28-30 and even a bit longer (New Years Eve). I have been waiting to get my computer back from Mares before I posted my preference, but I still haven't heard from them. It would be great if someone could check with Stella (I would call her, but I don't have her number, and have only met her once) to see if she will/could be open for air/tanks. I hope my computer will be back by then - if not, I'll just dive tables.

I agree with Ron that we seldom know what the next day will bring, much less the next week or month as far as weather goes. It would be wonderful if it is like it today/tomorrow. They may even set a record tomorrow, 70 degrees!

I'm going over for a OW class this upcoming weekend, but the weekend of the 28-30 might work for me as well. This month is typically pretty hard for most folks with all the holiday stuff going on.

Looking forward to diving with you guys/gals again.

I have been waiting to get my computer back from Mares before I posted my preference, but I still haven't heard from them.

I have an extra computer if you don't have yours back by then.

Also diving at the Hole is a know quantity. I could dive it with the only gauge being a BT. I don't do that, but I could! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom