Blue Hole in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay! I just received a new replacement computer from Mares. My old (less than 1 year old) M2 had one button that quit working. I sent it in for repair and was told that they wouldn't have any replacements until late Jan or early Feb, so they upgraded me to a NEMO Wide. Seems like a nice, and much earier to read, computer. So, I think equipment-wise, I'm ready to go. :lotsalove:

All this frigid weather has me second-guessing, but I have Friday Dec 28 through Tues Jan 1 scheduled off. :D

Has anyone checked with Stella to ensure we can get air fills? I'd hate to drive 700 miles and not have any air! :no If someone could post her phone number, and time to call her, I'll make the call. :coffee:

Maybe we could give her a little extra for doing this? :wink: I know she charges half what I pay for fills here, but I have a LDS who wants me to pay for his new compressor. :shakehead:

:popcorn::popcorn:

Okay! I just received a new replacement computer from Mares. My old (less than 1 year old) M2 had one button that quit working. I sent it in for repair and was told that they wouldn't have any replacements until late Jan or early Feb, so they upgraded me to a NEMO Wide. Seems like a nice, and much earier to read, computer. So, I think equipment-wise, I'm ready to go. :lotsalove:

All this frigid weather has me second-guessing, but I have Friday Dec 28 through Tues Jan 1 scheduled off. :D

Has anyone checked with Stella to ensure we can get air fills? I'd hate to drive 700 miles and not have any air! :no If someone could post her phone number, and time to call her, I'll make the call. :coffee:

Maybe we could give her a little extra for doing this? :wink: I know she charges half what I pay for fills here, but I have a LDS who wants me to pay for his new compressor. :shakehead:

:popcorn::popcorn:

I mentioned to her when I was there last weekend that a "hardy" group of us were planning on being there that weekend. She said at the time that she would be around.

You LDS charges $10 for AIR??? I'm shocked......... :shakehead: :confused:

If nothing else, I've got four single AL80s that could be used as well as the set of doubles.

You LDS charges $10 for AIR??? I'm shocked......... :shakehead: :confused:

Yup, and they have the HP limit set to <3000 psi, so you know you'll never get a full fill out of the cascades. Last two fill were under 2600 psi. :shakehead:

It's great news that she'll be there. :D

I'm ON for Dec. 30! I had to bribe a co-worker to work my shift. I might drive up Saturday night so I can get a nice early start Sunday morning. :)

Right On! If you wanted to get there around dinner, we could share a meal, and then do a late dive. I enjoy night diving at BH as much or more than the daytime. It adds a bit of interest.

We can finalize plans as the time grows nearer, but it would be fun to get into the water for a nice night dive with everyone! :blinking:

Okay! I just received a new replacement computer from Mares. ..... so they upgraded me to a NEMO Wide. Seems like a nice, and much earier to read, computer. So, I think equipment-wise, I'm ready to go. :lotsalove:

Santa came early!

You just went from a $200 computer to a $500 computer! Nothing wrong with that at all! You should give a Kudo's to Mares for that.

Right On! If you wanted to get there around dinner, we could share a meal, and then do a late dive. I enjoy night diving at BH as much or more than the daytime. It adds a bit of interest.

We can finalize plans as the time grows nearer, but it would be fun to get into the water for a nice night dive with everyone! :blinking:

I won't get off work until 7PM CST on Saturday.. So I probably won't leave town until around 7:30-8:00PM. That will put me in Santa Rosa around 9-9:30PM MST. :) Dinner might be out unless you are late eaters... We might still dive though. :D

I won't get off work until 7PM CST on Saturday.. So I probably won't leave town until around 7:30-8:00PM. That will put me in Santa Rosa around 9-9:30PM MST. :) Dinner might be out unless you are late eaters... We might still dive though. :D

Santa Rosa shuts down at 9:00pm, unless you want Denny's, or the Truck Stop.

We can hook up for a dive after dinner. We will likely be staying at Adobe.

If it's cold, we can gear up at the hotel, drive over, and do a nice night dive. The water will be warmer than the air! :11:

BYOC! (rubber chicken!) :chicken:

I'm going Saturday and will be staying over. Need a room?

Santa Rosa shuts down at 9:00pm, unless you want Denny's, or the Truck Stop.

We can hook up for a dive after dinner. We will likely be staying at Adobe.

If it's cold, we can gear up at the hotel, drive over, and do a nice night dive. The water will be warmer than the air! :11:

BYOC! (rubber chicken!) :chicken:

I can grab something to eat from my house before I leave for Santa Rosa... That way I can pull in and be ready to dive! :D

Should I bring the Chicken Award?

I'm going Saturday and will be staying over. Need a room?

Sure! I'll share room expenses with you. :)

I can grab something to eat from my house before I leave for Santa Rosa... That way I can pull in and be ready to dive! :D

Should I bring the Chicken Award?

Sure! I'll share room expenses with you. :)

Of course, I'd love to see the infamous award first hand.

Done deal on the room! Sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom