Blue Hole March 14th~15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are some of the places that I've plotted on Google Maps.

View attachment 56297

The known places are plotted as well, but there are several water holes that aren't named. Some of them maybe watering troughs for cattle, they could be shadows from hills, or they could be other springs that haven't been dove or maybe they've been dove, but not talked about.

Two places that look interesting is the place north east of town and a place east of Rock Lake. The place east of Rock Lake looks like it's surrounded by trees or shrub. I doubt that we could get permission to dive that since I think it's still on Ladyhawk's property. I've also heard of people diving on Twin and Hidden, but I'm not even sure who owns the property or how inviting they would be to divers wanting access.

I'd be into scouting around. We need a few additional dive sites. I imagine that the biggest obstacle is private land. Twin lakes, for example seems like a great (and nearby) site, but its private.

I'm trying to get a group together so that I can teach a class, but if I head down with just my 3 pups, we can go exploring.

Jame, I'd be up for a bit of scouting. However I think Kent nailed it, most sites are on private land.

Kent, Dan and I are heading down on Friday morning. If you want to hook up and ride share, that is quite possible.

My internet/phone was down most of the week last week, but is up now. You can give me a call if you like.

Crap! As usual, my timing button is broke... I'm supposed to be at BH at the end of this month for RD class. I would really like to meet some of these fine folks. Hope it's a good weekend for all.

If you are concerned about Ladyhawk's property (and it is indeed very hard to get permission to dive there), you can always buy it and take charge yourself. The whole Agua Negra ranch is for sale. I think someone said it is a steal at $7 million.

However--and I am getting closer to serious now--she is starting to look for sales angles as it sits on the market. She is currently planning to subdivide a section into building lots, with one of the perks of ownership being having an interest in Rock Lake and a vote in how it gets used.

I am told she has a web site with all of this on there, but with the current uncertainty of my Internet connection in the Hotel Cozumel, I am not going to risk looking and getting disconnected.

If you are concerned about Ladyhawk's property (and it is indeed very hard to get permission to dive there), you can always buy it and take charge yourself. The whole Agua Negra ranch is for sale. I think someone said it is a steal at $7 million.

However--and I am getting closer to serious now--she is starting to look for sales angles as it sits on the market. She is currently planning to subdivide a section into building lots, with one of the perks of ownership being having an interest in Rock Lake and a vote in how it gets used.

I am told she has a web site with all of this on there, but with the current uncertainty of my Internet connection in the Hotel Cozumel, I am not going to risk looking and getting disconnected.

A funny story along those lines. The City of Santa Rosa was looking to purchase the land that Rock Lake sits on and had a third party in discussions with Ladyhawk to purchase the land for $1M, but when she caught wind that the buyers were going to be the city, she changed the price to $2M and the city backed out.

The website is Welcome to Lady Hawk Agua Negra Ranch New Mexico. I've emailed them once, but never got any response and the phone number listed was disconnected the last time I tried.

Jame, I'd be up for a bit of scouting. However I think Kent nailed it, most sites are on private land.

Kent, Dan and I are heading down on Friday morning. If you want to hook up and ride share, that is quite possible.

My internet/phone was down most of the week last week, but is up now. You can give me a call if you like.

Ron, I will let you know in the next few days. Your name in my cell phone has a bunch of phone numbers attached to it. Which one's are valid and which are the old work numbers? Will you call me or email me with up to date info?

I've been teaching a ridiculous number of students lately. I've personally had 72 individuals in OW classes and pool sessions and a bunch of certs at the Crater since late January, and have approx 60 more OW certs already paid and scheduled between now and the end of April.

It might be fun to just dive, eat and take some naps! My wife is actually interested in getting some dives in, but is working on a conflict in her schedule.
If I bring students, they are already certified divers and will be there for AOW and/or Specialties, so they might very well be interested in becoming RMOs and enjoying the festivities.

No matter what, I'm bringing my dogs, which limits ride sharing possibilities.

Which is why it is so difficult to gain permission I would think. With a mega-bucks sale possible, the last thing she wants is bad publicity about a diver hurt there at this time.
A funny story along those lines. The City of Santa Rosa was looking to purchase the land that Rock Lake sits on and had a third party in discussions with Ladyhawk to purchase the land for $1M, but when she caught wind that the buyers were going to be the city, she changed the price to $2M and the city backed out.
Funny story. Any confirmation or just good quality hearsay...?

Hi,
Sorry its taken me a while to reply, been busy at work without internet.
I'll definitely need a room mate for the weekend.

James,

I think you can share with me and Dan if everyone else has room mates. However I think Ross may need a room mate. Ross, speak up if that is true, if not, we can get an extra bed for our room.

I got my Drysuit back. It looks so dull and old! :D The seals however are looking good! I still need to do some trimming...

Ron, I will let you know in the next few days. Your name in my cell phone has a bunch of phone numbers attached to it. Which one's are valid and which are the old work numbers? Will you call me or email me with up to date info?

I've been teaching a ridiculous number of students lately. I've personally had 72 individuals in OW classes and pool sessions and a bunch of certs at the Crater since late January, and have approx 60 more OW certs already paid and scheduled between now and the end of April.

It might be fun to just dive, eat and take some naps! My wife is actually interested in getting some dives in, but is working on a conflict in her schedule.
If I bring students, they are already certified divers and will be there for AOW and/or Specialties, so they might very well be interested in becoming RMOs and enjoying the festivities.

No matter what, I'm bringing my dogs, which limits ride sharing possibilities.

sounds great, but be sure they know that if they plan to eat they need to bring food to contribute! We are only bringing enough for about a dozen people personally.
Is anyone planning to bring folding tables? I have one but it doesn't work well.

Last check on weather:

Sat, Mar 14
Partly Cloudy high 66°, low 38°, chance of precip 10%

Sun, Mar 15
Mostly Sunny, high 70°, low 39°, chance of precif 0%

of course, this is 6 days away and could change, but for now it looks good!

robin:D

Robin~All,

We *stage* at the picnic tables across the parking lot. So no folding tables necessary. I suppose it would not hurt if it's no trouble.

The weather does look promising. We should arrive late afternoon on Friday maybe between 3:00pm~4:00pm. A twilight dive is in order. James, what time are you thinking?

Looking forward to hooking up, and seeing some old friends as well as some new faces.

Back
Top Bottom