Blue Hole March 14th~15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got an email from Terry, he's out because he has to work. I'll check back with Rod (I put Ron, but it's Rod or Rodney). I also got a PM on direxplorers.com, from another guy from Norway, whose studying at Texas Tech in Lubbock. He's looking for dive buddies, but won't be able to make it on the 14-15. That SOB is going to Hawaii for Spring Break. :)

okay gang............... 1 week away!!!:D:D:D

I just sent out an e-mail to all our friends here in ABQ to see who else may be attending that are not SB members yet. :D Several of them have mentioned to us that they are hoping to attend.

robin:D

Robin,

If you know folks that are not on SB that want to attend just post the info, and we can update the list. I guess it's time to make some hotel reservations. Looks like we lost a couple of folks from TX, but it should still be a good turnout.

L8R,

If Rodney doesn't make it, I'll be up for some room sharing. I'll sleep on the floor with a sleeping bag if I need to. :)

James,

I think you can share with me and Dan if everyone else has room mates. However I think Ross may need a room mate. Ross, speak up if that is true, if not, we can get an extra bed for our room.

I got my Drysuit back. It looks so dull and old! :D The seals however are looking good! I still need to do some trimming...

I booked at the Best Western Adobe when I first posted here. Just my favorite. AAA/AARP/Race Fan rate @ $54 + taxes single, $57.60+ double. I don't know what Race Fan rate is about but I joined AARP when I was 40 for the discounts; AARP does not have an age limit.

If I had to book a single room for 2 nights, Stella once told me that The Tower was a clean, cheap place. 505-472-3463 I looked at it; seemed okay.

Or www.sidestep.com will shop 6 different online services at once.

Does anybody want to spend some surface interval time scouting out other spring locations? I've been looking on Google Earth and there appear to be quite a few more than just Perch, Hidden, Twin, Rock, Swan, and Blue Hole. Some of them may just be shadows, but others look like bodies of water. The creek that runs between Blue Hole and Park Lake looks to originate from a spring north east of Santa Rosa.

Here are some of the places that I've plotted on Google Maps.

SRSprings.jpg

The known places are plotted as well, but there are several water holes that aren't named. Some of them maybe watering troughs for cattle, they could be shadows from hills, or they could be other springs that haven't been dove or maybe they've been dove, but not talked about.

Two places that look interesting is the place north east of town and a place east of Rock Lake. The place east of Rock Lake looks like it's surrounded by trees or shrub. I doubt that we could get permission to dive that since I think it's still on Ladyhawk's property. I've also heard of people diving on Twin and Hidden, but I'm not even sure who owns the property or how inviting they would be to divers wanting access.

Does anybody want to spend some surface interval time scouting out other spring locations? I've been looking on Google Earth and there appear to be quite a few more than just Perch, Hidden, Twin, Rock, Swan, and Blue Hole. Some of them may just be shadows, but others look like bodies of water. The creek that runs between Blue Hole and Park Lake looks to originate from a spring north east of Santa Rosa.

James,

I think that sounds awesome. I know you have researched the area and the geology. I really wish I could make it down, but I leave for Bonaire 3 days later, and really need the time to pack and take care of things.

If it doesn't work out this trip, maybe we can do another before you go to Ozzy Land. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom