Blue Hole March 14th~15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry everybody, we will all hang out together and eat together over by the picnic tables! I just expect me, Ron, Gabe, Josette, and Ryan will all have our gear on a tarp over by the Hole. I am vertically challenged and that means, unless one of you big strapping hunks want to carry my gear, I need a short walk to the water with my tank on!!! :wink:

Let's all plan on a big lunch together around noon...???:blinking: Yes??? Maybe a big group dive together at 10am? And 2pm?
I will be bringing a camcorder and camera for topside photos, we need a big group pic to post here on SB. :D I'll do a topside video, too. So everyone get ready for it. :D

Schedule of events (tentative for now, everyone chime in with suggestions).
Saturday, March 14th
10am... Group dive
noon....Group feeding frenzy!
2pm...Group dive
7pm...meet back at Hole for group night dive

Sunday, March 15th
9am....Group dive
11am....Group feeding frenzy before CO and TX divers must leave

Sound good?

Has anyone let Stella know we are all coming and need fills?

robin:D

OOps got a problem. We can't make this one after all - sorry. We were going to miss the Sat Morning dive anyway and only bringing dessert so y'all may not have even noticed, but just in case - letting you know. Next time!

Thanks for the schedule Robin!

I will be there Saturday morning by 9:30 and plan on bringing bring desert and snack items unless you have a better idea or other needs.

I will be there. Leaving Fort Collins at noon Friday. Have reservations at BW Adobe. Got the good rate.
Bringing two AOW students who will most likely become regular RMOs. Also bringing my dogs who are already divedoggies!
We will somehow produce some kind of picnic/food item that people will like in order to contribute to the festivities.
Not sure where we will set up. We are going to be doing a bit of studying during surface intervals, and then festivizing. We will probably participate in the afternoon group underwater crazyness. They will do a twilight dive with me as one of their AOW specialty dives. Then I will probably stick around for the RMO night dive.
Will anyone even be hungry for dinner?
Looking forward to seeing you all!

I will be there. Leaving Fort Collins at noon Friday. Have reservations at BW Adobe. Got the good rate.
Bringing two AOW students who will most likely become regular RMOs. Also bringing my dogs who are already divedoggies!
We will somehow produce some kind of picnic/food item that people will like in order to contribute to the festivities.
Not sure where we will set up. We are going to be doing a bit of studying during surface intervals, and then festivizing. We will probably participate in the afternoon group underwater crazyness. They will do a twilight dive with me as one of their AOW specialty dives. Then I will probably stick around for the RMO night dive.
Will anyone even be hungry for dinner?
Looking forward to seeing you all!

awesome! see you all there. Ron took today off work, 2 big porkers in the smoker right now! :D

awesome! see you all there. Ron took today off work, 2 big porkers in the smoker right now! :D

I look forward to meeting you and having some of that smoked pork. James, Ross, Ron and I had a nice late afternoon dive today. We had dinner at the new cafe next to the Adobe. Much better food then I had expected.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Dan

See you guys tomorrow. I am going to bring a bunch of stuff for breakfast burritos, so come hungry.

I just want to say thanks to Robin, Ron, Kevin and all the SB divers for making the Blue Hole weekend a success. The food was absolutly awesome (smoked pork with potatos, onions and peppers in tortillas) along with burgers, dogs and a dozen other things I should not be eating. It was really nice to meet other divers living in fly-over land. The B/H was nice in the morning, passable in the afternoon and a totally different dive at night. It may not be paradise, but for the price of motel and tank of gas, it beats talking or typing about diving.

For all you divers that could not drag you sorry butts down to Santa Rosa, you missed a nice one!

Just got back from the RMO festival..... we had a great turnout! Looks like 19 members and soon-to-be members came to dive. :D
Attendees: Ronfrank, ddavies, Abqdiver, Jasonmh, Divedoggie, Amascuba, grumpyoldguy, Rossb, Rynomar, Robint(me), and Ront, along with Gabe & Josette, Chuck and Katie, James & Michelle, and Guiseppe.

Weather was gorgeous both days, despite weather reports to the contrary. We had sunny/partly cloudy both days with air temps up in high 50s. Also, only a couple of other groups there so only early Saturday was crowded. A few of the group even ran over to Perch for a dive where water temp was 46. The rest of us stayed at BH. :wink: A few even did night dives at BH Friday and Saturday nights. :D

Food was awesome. Thanks everyone for contributing! We had pulled pork, burgers, hotdogs, elk steaks, fajitas, fruit and fruit salad, pasta salad, chips, and all types of cookies and desserts! :D There was plenty of food for both days lunches and snacking.

Thanks everyone for coming out for the day! We will definitely do this again when it warms up a bit and maybe do an evening cookout before the night dive on Saturday night.

I am working on a video of the festivities. Hope to get it edited and posted in the next few days.

For all you divers that could not drag you sorry butts down to Santa Rosa, you missed a nice one!
Subtle!! :D :rofl3: Butt (meant it) Grumpy is right!! Always fun!!!

I am working on a video of the festivities. Hope to get it edited and posted in the next few days.

Uh, oh!!! Should we be worried??? :shocked2:

Good to see everyone out that came. It's always more fun to talk and BS on the SI than the diving, but I had some VERY relaxing dives!!

See ya all next time!

Back
Top Bottom