Blue Hole March 14th~15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right, you said "I don't think," so I didn't know that you mean you were sure. If I could read minds, I'd probly be married. Hey, it was a free call - and I wanted to check for a lower rate anyway. I forget grandmom's name, hear the kids call her that so much, but she does seem to appreciate divers - yes. Always been nice to us.

well, weather looks like typical March in NM.... windy and overcast, chance of rain and high temps in 50s-60s. Yuck. I hope everyone is bringing drysuits! :wink:
looks like everyone is staying at the Adobe, I guess we better call and make reservations.

robin:D

well, weather looks like typical March in NM.... windy and overcast, chance of rain and high temps in 50s-60s. Yuck. I hope everyone is bringing drysuits! :wink:
looks like everyone is staying at the Adobe, I guess we better call and make reservations.

Yep, I checked both the Accuweather and NOAA site. The former says high of 56 with wind and the latter says a high of 66°. Hope the last is right, but it's always a crap shoot out there in Spring. Extra weights used to weigh down the paper plates.....:D

What...?

This is the third time for me to try to say this but AARP does not have minimum age. Just join and put up with the junk mail. If a hotel offers AARP as lowest rate, book it and take your card, even if you're 25 or whatever. IF IT OFFER A SENIOR RATE, the site will state the minimum age, i.e. 50, 55, 60, 62, or whatever.

Don,

I tried to let this pass, but since you have, at least three times, given bad or misleading information, I feel I must set the record straight. :no:

Directly from AARPs website:

Q: How old do I have to be to join AARP as a full member?
A: We welcome all persons 50 years or over, retired or not. A full member is entitled to a membership card and all of our benefits and services.
Q: What if I am too young to join as a full member of AARP?
A: For those under 50 who support the association's goals and objectives, we offer an associate membership. Once an individual celebrates a 50th birthday, the associate member automatically becomes a full member, receives a membership card, and can take advantage of all of our benefits and services.

So, yes, any age can join, to support AARP, but you only get to take advantages of their benefits and services (like hotel discounts, when applicable) once you become 50 years old. :shakehead:

I really hate to acknowledge that I'm old enough to know the rules :shocked2:

Ah, thanks WS! I honestly hadn't looked at AARP rules in years so my misinformation was outdated. You should have said so the first time I posted it. OH well, for this hotel - not needed anyway.

I'm partial to Weather Underground which includes an option for a nearby webcam Santa Rosa, New Mexico (88435) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground which may show snow between the scrub trees before the week is out. High Sat 59, Sun 65. The hourly predictions currently give noon Sat 52 with 6mph winds from SSW.

What will actually happen is a anyone's bet. If the expensive dive center existed today, I'd have to eat my previous criticisms.

I think we might set up over by the Hole, put down a tarp there with gear... I don't think I want to walk all the way from the back with my tank on my back. Especially since we are headed for Cozumel 10 days later, I gotta be careful to prevent injuries! :D

We have a green truck with camper shell. See you all there, rain or shine or wind or..... :coffee:

I would recommend parking, and staging at the tables. If we get rain (20% chance currently), they do provide some shelter. If folks don't want to do that, the picnic tables is where we will be cooking, hanging out, so put the gear in the truck or whatever, and head back to that area. If the area is not crowded, heck I may throw my junk in the car and drive to the front of the lot. :blinking:

There is no point in having an event if everyone is off doing their separate thing. :D Don't get me wrong, we don't all have to dive together, and hold hands the entire weekend. OTOH, it would be nice to do surface intervals as a group, and we will want to eat together! One group dive would be nice as well.

OTOH, it would be nice to do surface intervals as a group, and we will want to eat together! One group dive would be nice as well.

Maybe someone could put together a tenative schedule of events. Then others like me who have no clue as to what is going on can sync with that.

Also, I would like to bring some food or whatever is needed, if you, Robin or someone else has ideas on what we might be short on this would help.

I do have a decent sized infrared heater - I am thinking it might be nice for a post dive warmup.

Maybe someone could put together a tenative schedule of events. Then others like me who have no clue as to what is going on can sync with that.

Also, I would like to bring some food or whatever is needed, if you, Robin or someone else has ideas on what we might be short on this would help.

I do have a decent sized infrared heater - I am thinking it might be nice for a post dive warmup.

1. Get there, unpack "TONS" of dive stuff
2. Get gear setup
3. Dive (go to the bottom, spiral up, dust off crap along the way)
4. Eat, talk, listen to Ron....... :poke:
5. Repeat!
:rofl3: :eyebrow:

Not to be too big of a wiseguy, but that is pretty much it. Fun stuff though!! :D
Just relax and have fun!! This is a great group!

PM Ron for "what to bring" ideas. He seems to have it organized. We'll be parked halfway between Robin and the tables I suppose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom