Blue Hole March 14th~15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I can't make it in March, but I'm going to Bonaire later that week, and too lazy to switch my gear over to dry diving and back, since it's still pretty much still packed from the trip to Bonaire last month.

:poke: Rub it in, Rick. Rub it iin!

Yeah, I pushed my Cozumel trip back a week so I can make this one too. :D

We all know that you would rather dive in 60 degree water in the middle of the desert instead of the 80 degree water of the tropics, Don. You don't fool us! :D

I dove BH last weekend and on Friday it was 60 degrees and Sat. morning we got there and it was 17 degrees. I felt sorry for the wet divers. Some of these guys left there regs and bc's in there car overnight. Yeah that didn't work out so well. Frozen solid.

Frozen solid is just another way of saying non-functional! ... Ohh wait, I guess that IS a big problem! :rofl3:

However, a dip in the BH for a few minutes would thaw those things out. My advice? Don't leave your wet JUNK in the car!!

I wouldn't trust leaving my gear in a car over night in Santa Rosa, regardless of weather. Some of those characters in that town are a little shady.

Funny, always do leave ours in the pickup camper. It's right outside the motel door, and there is little market in used scuba gear. Never had a freeze up but could happen. Have to check weather forecast, perhaps soak a reg in water? I do take wetsuits and other exposure protection in to rinse and dry as well as any electronics and cameras.

Dude (amascuba), you left your doubles in the back on your truck at the hotel in SantaRosa overnight. Heck, I was temped to steal those puppies myself! :D

I had no idea such things happened routinely. With the high cost of tech gear, that is good information.

One more thing--what hotel do you normally use when leaving your gear out overnight?

It's not habit for me to leave gear in the truck. .. I think I've done it once. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom