Blue Hole March 14th~15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have a spare tank I can dive on Friday evening? I'll pay for the fill. I'm also going to attempt to get Stella to meet us at the Hole on Friday evening. I *really* don't want to pay A1's $10 PER DAY tank rental fee. Nor do I want to get my tanks vis'd at a1 for $20+ when I can have Stella do it. I'd rather give her the business.

I am all for giving Stella the work, and I think that should be your first choice, but I may be able to help if that does not work.

We are planning to come down Thursday night (very late) and stay at the Adobe Best Western. We will dive at Rock Lake on Friday and probably go right from our last dive to the Lake City Diner for dinner. We expect to bring enough gas with us to last well into Saturday, at which point we will probably come by the BH for refills. Our gas includes a bunch of 80's for transfilling. We use about half of them to get us through Saturday morning, go to Stella for a real fill, then use the other half to get us through Sunday morning. It would not be hard for us to lend you one of those transfill tanks we usually only use for Sunday if we can only get together.

One of our group members is also able to give you a vis if you need it. We would again just need to make sure we meet up, and he would have to know to bring his stuff.

I have an 80, but it has a 300bar DIN valve. You can use it if you have a regulator with a DIN connection. I also have a 40, currently without a valve, and a 14 with a 200bar din valve. :)

Ron, I've got a couple AL80's, (hell, I'd even fill them) but won't be there until Sunday..... :shakehead:

Is there someone from Albuquerque going on Friday?

I have an 80, but it has a 300bar DIN valve. You can use it if you have a regulator with a DIN connection. I also have a 40, currently without a valve, and a 14 with a 200bar din valve. :)

I purchased a used Zeagle 50DX, and it is... drum roll please, DIN! I'd have to SWOP some hoses around, but that is no big problem.

Dan said he was taking off Friday, so I'm thinking we will be there by around 5ish, maybe even before that.

BoulderJohn, if this does not work out with James, I'll happily take you up on the offer. There is also a chance that Dan will have a spare tank, but I have not heard from him in a couple of days.

John, we need to hook up on this trip. I've been wanting to meet you for some time! We will be staying at the Best Western Adobe I believe, so we *should* be able to hook up with problem. I think we shall do a twilight dive soon after arrival, and then we will do dinner. We are also fans of Lake City Dinner.

James, when RU planning on arriving? If Friday, interested in a twilight/night dive?

I just hope my drysuit comes back by the 12th or so. I sent it in a week ago, so it should be done well before then and back to me. I am having the neck seal replaced as it does not dive so well with a huge tear from the top of the neckseal, to the suit! :eyebrow:

I'll be interested in a friday evening dive. :) It looks like two other people from Amarillo will be coming. We maybe car pooling, so I'm trying to get a determination of whether they can/willing to drive up Friday evening. Worst comes to worst, I may come up Friday and they will come up Saturday.

Cool James, we will plan on it! :D

We need to start arranging for food. I have set this up in the Calendar so people can sign up. I'll make a list of who I *think* is going, and when!

Ron Friday~Sunday
Dan Friday~Sunday
James Friday~Sunday
Kevin Sunday
BoulderJohn Thurs~Sunday
DandyDon Saturday~Sunday??
RossB Thurs~Sunday??
RobInt Saturday~Sunday??
Kent ??
Justin ??

I know this lit is not complete, and RobinT will be there with her husband. Not sure how many are diving with John, or if he will want to be around the BH during lunch. Right now it looks like between 8~10, but we need a count if we want to have enough food.

We could just do subway on Saturday, and a cook out on Sunday, or we could do a potluck both days... thoughts?

I am not going to be able to make it down that weekend. My Wife just told me some friends from out of town are visiting us that weekend.
I said - perfect time to go to BH, but she didn't agree!:no:

I would like to go in March, so perhaps I will see what weekend.

I am not going to be able to make it down that weekend. My Wife just told me some friends from out of town are visiting us that weekend.

Are they friends or inlaws? :D

Bummer. I also may go down in May. If things change, you are always welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom