Blue Hole March 14th~15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, a potluck is when you bring enough to share with the whole group and we have no problem with doing something big as we don't do it that much. It is hard to justify firing up the smoker for 8+ hours for just a couple of people dinner, you have to cook alot of meat! Anyhow, it was just a thought........ if people would rather do burgers that is okay too.

robin:D

Oh, I'm cool with "enough to share with the whole group" and your smoked meats sound delightful. It sounded to me like you were doing a lot there is all. Last time I spent as much on fried pies as we would have to feed us both in town both lunches and shared those which seemed to have gone over well, but we can certainly bring those and more. This is more fun that going into town for lunch. I'm not much of a cook, but my dive bud is - hehe, he goes overboard when entertaining a new lady friend. We can bring more for sure; let us know.

Cool James, we will plan on it! :D

We need to start arranging for food. I have set this up in the Calendar so people can sign up. I'll make a list of who I *think* is going, and when!

BoulderJohn Thurs~Sunday

Just to be clear, I am arriving at or after Midnight on Thursday. I will be staying in town, but 90% (perhaps) of my diving will be at Rock Lake. Either I or my entire group can adjust plans to meet people if I know when that will be.

I don't know how many people will be in our group. Last month we only had 3 total. The month before it was 5. This one could have as many as 10 if everyone who is working on technical diving makes the show.

I will try to get a better idea of who is going to be there.

I notice that Ron (I assume) made this thread a sticky. I think we changed the date from the original thought, or am I hallucinating? If I am correct, then the date mentioned in the thread title will potentially scare off people who cannot come that weekend but who could come on the next one, when we are actually going to meet. (I think?)

I notice that Ron (I assume) made this thread a sticky. I think we changed the date from the original thought, or am I hallucinating? If I am correct, then the date mentioned in the thread title will potentially scare off people who cannot come that weekend but who could come on the next one, when we are actually going to meet. (I think?)

I just reread the thread and cannot see how I got the idea that it had been changed to the foollowing weekend.

I won't be there on the 14th and 15th.

John

I asked what weekend worked, and the a couple of folks responded they wanted to do this on the third weekend which is the 14th~15th. The initial thread did not list any dates, but I did indicate that we often meet on the third weekend of the month.

I'm sorry you won't be there, I was looking forward to meeting you at last. If you are free, you could always come down just to :shocked2:dive!

Ok checked with Jer, and he offered to bring steaks. Yeah, he's quite a cook, but I suggested that there seemed to be plenty of meat in the planning. I'm certainly open for suggestions in addition to the fried pies...?

We are going to come in Friday night this time, too late for that dive but giving us some buddy time to work on our cameras and gear together - better prepared than when we drive in and jump in, as well as earlier. As far as feeding goes, we're in for both lunches. :cool:

I'll have my video camera. Maybe I can get Robin to give me some shooting tips? :D

I was going to bring fruit, but now I feel like that won't be enough with people bringing some yum pulled pork, chickens, steak, and pies. ... I'll bring what ever we need. Suggestions?

I took a roast to a family reunion once, a good one at that - they're easy to cook and I had great beef, and a big pot of sweet corn on the cob from the days when we raised our own and put them up ourselves. Brought most of the roast home with me, with that pan riding in the empty corn pot. Eh, I got one thing right - enjoyed the roast all week.

Anyway, we'll certainly bring the pies as they were a hit last time I think; wait and see on what others are bringing before we add on to that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom