Blue Hole March 14th~15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not going to be able to make it down that weekend. My Wife just told me some friends from out of town are visiting us that weekend.
I said - perfect time to go to BH, but she didn't agree!:no:

I would like to go in March, so perhaps I will see what weekend.

Hey Justin, I would like to get in a few dives earlier in March if possible. It looks like I'll also be down in ABQ next Sat for advanced Incident Command System Training. I'm not sure, but I think it is only a 4 hour class, but I have to have it before Mar 31 this year to continue patrolling. So, I was thinking of maybe taking some dive equipment down. I don't yet know if it will be morning, afternoon, or what - and probably won't until I get some travel orders next week. That is probably too late to plan something.

But, I just ordered mounting brackets for independent twins that should be here next week also. I'd like to try them and the doubles wing in the pool first, if possible. But I am itching to give them a try (doubt I'll take them to Bonaire - don't want the weight or need to carry doubles when doing that shore diving) so maybe the weekend of Mar 6-8 would work??

Ron, I have some tanks (AL 80 w/Yoke) you could borrow if you wanted to meet in COS on your way down?

Stella can and does do Visual inspections on tanks. He price is something like $5. I have two, or three tanks out of vis, so I'll have her do them when down next.

Anyone have a spare tank I can dive on Friday evening? I'll pay for the fill. I'm also going to attempt to get Stella to meet us at the Hole on Friday evening. I *really* don't want to pay A1's $10 PER DAY tank rental fee. Nor do I want to get my tanks vis'd at a1 for $20+ when I can have Stella do it. I'd rather give her the business.

Ron,
I have a few tanks in the garage. You can use them.
Frank

All you guys and your tank hauling. I have one AL80 but never take it. We load that camper with too much as it is anyway. I bet Stella would be glad to meet y'all at the fill shack Friday with prior arrangements if she can. Call her and ask...?

so maybe the weekend of Mar 6-8 would work??
?

That weekend would likely work very well. I have some comp time to burn also, so I could take the Friday off for free.

I will let you know soon. Let's take it to another thread if it works so as not to hijack the plans here...

back to the food plans for March 14-15th. :D

Ron and I are discussing maybe firing up our smoker and doing a brisket or a pork roast for pulled pork on Friday and bringing that over (the meat, not the smoker). Would that be good? Maybe a couple of chickens too. :D We can put it in a pan and warm it on the grills over there during the day. Yes? No?

robin:D

Ron,
I have a few tanks in the garage. You can use them.
Frank

Thanks for the offer Frank. I may take you up on that!

If James, or Dan have a tank I can use, that will work. I only need one, assuming Stella is out and about on the weekend.

That sounds good. How many would that feed, and is that a plan for one or two days?

We will buy according to how many people are coming. :D Right now we are looking at coming for both days, but weather will determine that for sure. :D Ron makes killer pulled pork....:D and I make a killer lemon/rosemary roasted chicken. :D

robin

Robin, are you trying to feed everyone? I thot the idea of potluck was bring enough each to feed one person well, then trade out. Don't overdo it, girl.

So many good cooks. I think I'll play it safe with the fried pies again. :cool:

Robin, are you trying to feed everyone? I thot the idea of potluck was bring enough each to feed one person well, then trade out. Don't overdo it, girl.

So many good cooks. I think I'll play it safe with the fried pies again. :cool:

I've always thought a pot luck is where everyone brought a "dish" to share. Usually that dish would feed the group, unless it was a large group (>10 or so) and then there might be 2 people who would bring similar dishes; meat, veg, salad, desert, etc.

If you brought just one pie to feed one person well, what would you swap it for, a veg to feed one person well?

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom