2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... the Xrays showed that my back had a curve just a couple of degrees away from "classic" scoliosis. That's how far I'd twisted myself up. In fact, one leg was an inch shorter than the other. Heck... If I'd gone jogging I could have run in circles.. Good thing I pedal a bike and have steering. LOL.

Had the first of many painful adjustments today. Before he started, he said you're going to really feel this first one.... he was right... but I felt the first 5 or so adjustments too. Either I got numb or those body parts fell off... not sure. Already my legs are even, but feels like he took a bat to my back... OWWWWW!!

...but hey... gotta get this taken care of before the muscles "take a set" and get used to it!

Yow. Sorry to hear this, but at least you're able to remedy it. I have never been to a chiro, and quite frankly, they scare me (the sounds, etc)- but I really hope that this works for you. And yeah, glad you aren't running around in circles. :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Friday 10/2 - swimming laps (45 minutes, 1 mile).

Saturday 10/3 -
C25K Program - 40 minutes, unsure about distance and all that stuff right now though.

Last edited:
10/3 Diving - big swell.

A little off on exercise this week with all the distractions of getting ready for an exciting scuba class next weeknd - while keeping the grad school work going. And diving 2 days this week (3 hours of driving each day). Hard to figure out when to do the leg workout (to avoid cramps) with all this scuba diving.

But no diving till this thursday so refocusing on the excercise & plan to pump it out today.

Also finally heading to REI today to sort my mountain bike peddles out for some more fun outdoor cardio. WB you've been inspiring me & now I've found a mtn bike partner ;-).

Last edited:
Sun Oct 4:

10 minute elipitical warmup

Legs
leg press 4 sets
dumbell lunges 4 sets
straight leg dead lifts 4 sets
leg extentions 4 sets
hamstring curls 4 sets
Calves 2 types of presses
4 sets each - 15-20 reps

back extentions 3 sets 15
crunches 3 sets 45
lower ab knee raises (forgot the name of this exercise ;-) 3 sets 15 reps

Picked up the new mtn bike peddles & convienced they some combo of tension/plates will work for quick/easy release - the other ones felt like death traps :shakehead:

Now to dial them in!!!

Thanks WB - I'll watch out for bridges :).

Monday:
After spending 6 hours in the car and 4 hours in meetings, I wasn't real eager to load up the bikes, but Penny "talked" me in to it.

11 mile casual bike ride. Penny got a little spunky on the 2nd half and wanted to stretch her legs, but I stayed in her draft, so I was riding "in a rocking chair". 45 minutes; 13.3mph average.

Sunday 10/4 - Massage therapy for tightened muscles (hamstrings, psoas, etc). No exercise before or after.

Monday 10/5 - Another day off. Was planning on running or biking in the evening, but got waylaid by a bit of a cold. Hope to be back on it this evening - if only a 6 mile bike ride or something.

Back
Top Bottom