2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just finish a whole bunch of days of diving from the Vision liveaboard boat down in Big Sur.

Monday 9/28 - rest

Tuesday 9/29 - Elliptical (38 minutes, 3.05 miles and approximately 460 calories). Might go for a run this evening - well, the C25K program.

Wednesday 9/30 - Warm Up Walk (8 minutes, 0.41 miles and approx. 63 calories); followed by C25K program (32 minutes, 2.11 miles and approx. 334 calories).

Finally done with the long stretch of traveling!

Wednesday:
Trying to ease back into higher intensity workouts. My back doesn’t seem quite ready for it yet, so I’ll just proceed and listen to it closely.

Took the CrossFit WOD “Helen” and modified/scaled it from there.

3 Rounds for time:
250m Row
11 KB swings 25# (Russian style… eye level) (felt in my back, had to moderate my effort)
12 Pullups (Black Band) Need to ease my shoulder ligaments into this movement again.
Time: 8:19

It’s been a long summer just enjoying cycling, so I took everything at a moderate pace. For instance, my row pacing was around 2:30/500m… nothing blazing, but just trying to keep the intensity up. I’ve picked up a lung congestion, either from the abrupt temperature drop or one of the guys in class the past couple of weeks, so it didn’t take much to keep the intensity “up”. Keep thinking… go easy… go easy… go easy. Originally considered doing only 6 pullups per round, but since they were “easy” with the black band, I bumped them up to the original WOD quantity.

FYI…. Helen WOD un-scaled

3 rounds:
400m Run
21 KB Swings 55# (American style… bell above head)
12 Pullups

My back doesn’t seem quite ready for it yet, so I’ll just proceed and listen to it closely.

Sorry to hear that your back isn't back to normal yet, but glad you are back home and able to get back into some semblance of your normal routine.

8/29 Swimming laps off/on 1 hour
8/30 2 dives @ Lobos, surface kicks & lots of swell - but fun!

Sorry to hear that your back isn't back to normal yet, but glad you are back home and able to get back into some semblance of your normal routine.

I have a friend from high school that works with sports related injuries, so I got an appt today to have him check things out and see what I might have knocked "out of whack". Also a good excuse to see an old friend, even if it is a couple hours away in Indianapolis.

I have a friend from high school that works with sports related injuries, so I got an appt today to have him check things out and see what I might have knocked "out of whack". Also a good excuse to see an old friend, even if it is a couple hours away in Indianapolis.

I am going to keep my fingers crossed for you. And yes, it is a great excuse to see a friend. :)

Thursday 10/1 - Elliptical (35 minutes, 2.79 miles and approximately 420 calories). Regrettably, I just ate 1-1/2 papusas at the Farmers Market and think I just did away with the benefit of the exercise! Going to shoot for a bike ride this evening.

Well... the Xrays showed that my back had a curve just a couple of degrees away from "classic" scoliosis. That's how far I'd twisted myself up. In fact, one leg was an inch shorter than the other. Heck... If I'd gone jogging I could have run in circles.. Good thing I pedal a bike and have steering. LOL.

Had the first of many painful adjustments today. Before he started, he said you're going to really feel this first one.... he was right... but I felt the first 5 or so adjustments too. Either I got numb or those body parts fell off... not sure. Already my legs are even, but feels like he took a bat to my back... OWWWWW!!

...but hey... gotta get this taken care of before the muscles "take a set" and get used to it!

Well... the Xrays showed that my back had a curve just a couple of degrees away from "classic" scoliosis. That's how far I'd twisted myself up. In fact, one leg was an inch shorter than the other. Heck... If I'd gone jogging I could have run in circles.. Good thing I pedal a bike and have steering. LOL.

Had the first of many painful adjustments today. Before he started, he said you're going to really feel this first one.... he was right... but I felt the first 5 or so adjustments too. Either I got numb or those body parts fell off... not sure. Already my legs are even, but feels like he took a bat to my back... OWWWWW!!

...but hey... gotta get this taken care of before the muscles "take a set" and get used to it!

Good luck with that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom