2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friday: 12 mile moderately intense ride on rolling hills, ending with higher speed efforts on flat trail.... used our "go fast" bikes.

Saturday: 50 mile ride with loaded panniers on the touring bikes. Pushed 2nd half at higher pace.... took turns trying to out sprint each other during last few miles. Nothing funnier than watching two old people trying to sprint 25MPH on a loaded touring bike... lol... somewhere in there my mind went to "Not built for speed" :)

Sounds fun, WB. I pulled my ooooolllllllldddddd mtn bike out yesterdy and am going to try and get into riding. Bought a new seat, water btl holder and am going out later today. If I get more into it, I will probably buy a road bike as I think the mtn bike is a bit heavy.

Will let you know how I get on....

Posted via Mobile Device

Didn't get a bike ride in today. Went for a run only. 35 minutes of the walk/run program.

Posted via Mobile Device

Did 3 dives on the Cypress Sea on Saturday.

And yesterday did was muscle training and 40 minutes chopping plants using my samurai sword.

9/18 2 shore dives - lots of surge -vis 6-12 ft

9/19 lazy - just 30 minutes walk the dog up/down hills

9/20 4 hours sleep, 3 boat dives (also on the cypress sea). It was really beautiful.
The boat ran out of nitrox & had to dive air -- Not use to that, I was exhausted.

9/21 Rest day

Tuesday 9/22 - Lap Swimming (45 minutes) - 1.0 miles and unknown calories. HRM indicates 456 calories, but I am not sure how accurate that is.

Ok Sarita, WB you are inspiring me. Need more cardio - need to get this awesome shiny Specialized mountain bike a bit dirty :). Just need to replace the death clip peddles & I'm in business ;-).

9/22 Back/Bi/abs - 1 hour

Back - seated rows, lat pull downs, bent over rows (3-4 sets each , 8-15 reps)
Bi - straight bar curls, dumbell curls, hammer curls (3-4 sets each , 8-15 reps)
Abs - 3 sets 40 crunches

10 minute warm up on eliptical
10 minute brisk walk

Wednesday 9/23 - Treadmill Warm-Up (10 minutes; 0.52 miles; 76 calories) followed by C25K program [W3/D3] (29 minutes; 1.89 miles; 281 calories). Stretching for 10 minutes afterwards.

Been working all week out of town, but I brought my bike with me. Despite constant sporadic rain, managed to squeeze a couple of rides in around town. Even did some shopping and restaurant trips on the bike. Nothing real energetic, but relaxing to get out and pedal and feel the breeze in my face.... it's addictive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom