2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C25K = Couch to 5k - walk/run program with the intention of getting up to running a 5K. So far, doing okay, just have pretty standard pains. :( sorry to hear your back is still sore/tight.

Couch to 5k... I like it!

Once I get past my traveling stint in a couple of weeks, I'll probably visit a chiropractor.

Monday:
Moderate pace cycling: 20 miles.

9/13 Leg workout in the gym 4 sets, max 90% max weight
leg press
dumbell lunges
straight leg dead lifts
leg extentions
hamstring curls

10 minutes eplitical warm up

9/14 just wrestled with this drysuit issue (dead zipper & lots of diving planned for this week) - does that count for exercise?

Class tonight - will aim for a 20 minute walk-the-dog later.

On Tuesday and Thursday last week, I've been going back to cardio and weight training and Koret Gym. And on Friday and Saturday, I did 4 dives both on double tanks.

Right now, I'm trying to boast my metabolism, but can't seem to budge the weight scale at all. Must be doing something wrong. :depressed:

9/14 Ran 1.5 miles
Only one person out of 30 showed for speed class. Wednesday's class is going to be the hardest they have ever had :)

Couch to 5k... I like it!

It is actually a decent program. The only problemo is that my body doesn't like it as much as I like the thought of running 5k. :) Slowly my body and mind are getting into synch. Just needing to take it a bit slower than 9 weeks - which is better than an injury.

Once I get past my traveling stint in a couple of weeks, I'll probably visit a chiropractor.
That sounds like a good plan - although I am deathly afraid of chiros.

Monday 9/14 - Day of rest. Did my run later in the day on Sunday and was still a little sore and tired on Monday morning. Plus, with my gym being closed I have to travel elsewhere, which was a deterrent at 5:30 a.m. on a Monday morning. :)

Tuesday 9/15 - Swim (25 minutes) - 1/2 mile (with and without training fins). Having traveled up towards where I work in order to swim for an hour, I was a bit disappointed to learn that they were closing the pool early b/c of a scheduled power outage. Oh well. I was still able to get in 25 minutes, so I was happy. Will probably run or walk this evening when I get home from work to kind of round out the activity level for the day.

Today did some 30 minute cardio in Koret Gym, and went down to the weight training room and did weight training.

Does anybody know the affects of doing weight training the day before diving?

9/15 rode unicycle (yes i know wierd) for 2 miles
9/16 Ran 1.5 miles no one again showed for speed class.

9/15 rode unicycle (yes i know wierd) for 2 miles.

I think that is kind of cool. Saw a bunch of unicyclists the other day here in SF.

Wednesday 9/16 - Walk on the Beach with the hubby. 40 minutes, soft sand.

Thursday 9/16 - Walk/Jog C25K (35 minutes). Walk 5 to warm up, then alternate 90 sec run, 90 sec walk (2x), 3 minute run, 3 minute walk (2x) - 5 minute cool down. Added a few more minutes walk at the start and finish in order to adequately warm up.

I can't wait for the gym to reopen so I get get more regular exercise.

9/15 2 hours of scuba pratice in the pool
9/16 45 minutes on/off swimming laps

9/17 Chest/shoulder/tri freeweights
3-4 sets/ 8-15 reps (90% of max)
flat bench
incline dumbels
front deltoid raises
lateral deltoid raises
bent over rows
military dumbels
dumbell kickbacks
tricep extention
overhead tricep extention
15 minute eliptical warm up, 15 minute brisk walk

9/18 diving - steel tanks/drysuit cold water

Friday 9/18 - Day o' rest
Saturday 9/19 - Elliptical (31 minutes) - 2.50 miles and approximately 380 calories.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom