"Women's" BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great advice!

Only if she's like me, the LDS here doesn't even have a women's BC to try on. What I would give for a REAL LDS!

Hi,

My girlfriend tried on many BCD's and chose the Sherwood Tortuga. Her shape is a wide back but has curves. The main things she did not like on the women specific BCD's was the lack of a snug fit. She also wanted back stabization with some jacket style lift. This way she can maintain both vertical on the surface and horizontal at depth with ease. I can honestly say that she tried on every BCD we could find. Put in the time and try on as many as you can. Beware of marketing hype. Use whatever feels comfortable with all the features you require.

Dennis

I have to buy a SeaQuest (the shop I work for sells them). I don't like the Diva. In fact, none of the BC's fit me well. What would you do?????

Yikes, that's a tough one! Do they sell backplates and wings?

Surely, if they sell NOTHING that fits you, they can't *make* you buy something that doesn't fit/feel comfortable? You could tell them that could be unsafe... :wink: I'm sure they couldn't ethically suggest that a CUSTOMER buy something that doesn't fit.

You should go to other stores and try on BC's. There must be something out there that would fit you...

When you find the right one, perhaps the store you work at could order it in for you.

Since I'm petite and have curves, I wear a Genesis Athena, and love it. It fits me properly and is weight integrated, has padding, a depth compensating cummerbund, and has some pockets and D-rings.

Why don't you help us out by telling us your body shape - someone out there might have the perfect suggestion for you...

I'm going to be working for the shop as a DM and have to "set an example." SeaQuest is my only option. (I just found out). I guess I will buy on of theirs and one for "ME" on the side. I'm 5'4" and 165 lbs. I'm very curvy and busty. shshshshsh Larry at ScubaToys said he would hybrid me a Zeagle Zena just for me. Anyone have and like those?

It may be deductible if it's required for your continued employment, dare them to put that in writing. It might loosen them up.

scubajoh44:
I'm going to be working for the shop as a DM and have to "set an example." SeaQuest is my only option. (I just found out). I guess I will buy on of theirs and one for "ME" on the side. I'm 5'4" and 165 lbs. I'm very curvy and busty. shshshshsh Larry at ScubaToys said he would hybrid me a Zeagle Zena just for me. Anyone have and like those?

I'm guessing Larry means he'll custom fit a Zena for you. That means that he'll put together the different modular pieces to fit your body. You can swap out the corset, the shoulder pieces, and the wing to fit your body and diving type perfectly.

Like I said earlier, I have a Zena and love it. It fits me perfectly, doesn't move around on my body, and is totally out of my way while diving. For me its the perfect BC since it's not a jacket and not a BP/wing either....neither of which I wanted.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Thanks everyone.... I'll see what happens w/ my shop and let everyone know....

scubajoh44:
I have to buy a SeaQuest (the shop I work for sells them). I don't like the Diva. In fact, none of the BC's fit me well. What would you do?????
Have you tried the Balance? That's about as close as Seaquest has to a harness/wing arrangement.
They do have a new tropical jacket on the way that should fit just about anyone comfortably, so you might want to wait on that one.
Rick

Do you know when it will be out?

Back
Top Bottom