"Women's" BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a unisex BC, and tried on a "womens" before I bought this one. Unfortunately the designers of womens scuba gear think all womens are 5'2" an 100lbs. For real size gals finding a wetsuit & bc is a pain in the *****. Was very frustrating. Also noticed they are more $ than unisex.

I have a a Scubapro Lady Hawk. It was the same price as my dad's Knight Hawk so there did not appear to be any price disparity at all between the sexes. I am 5'9" and approx 130 lbs and have found the fit to be perfect and much better than any unisex BC I had ever tried.

AHHH...If every diveshop carried every BC, so we could just try them all on.

I have the Libra. It is the female Balance, back-inflate. I generally like it. I like that the top strap does not go right across the breasts, but above them. I am 6'. It took me a while before I found a BC I was comfortable in. All of the vest-type squished anatomy. My only problem with the Libra is that I can get the fit in most of the upper body, but I can't get the waist strap to get snug enough, so at times the BC seems to shift around on me. I have to keep tightening it after I have been in the water. I don't know if it is the waist or the fact I am too tall for the BC. I do agree that manufacturers think all women are shorter than 5'5".

scubajoh44:
Do you know when it will be out?
How does the old song go??? Any day now... :)
Rick

I wish all manufacturers thought women were tiny! I am 5'4" and 120 pounds and small-boned, and my biggest problem through OW was BC's that were way too big and allowed the tank to migrate from side to side and destroy my trim.

I bought a small Libra, which was much more satisfactory, but still had a lot of degrees of freedom.

I am now diving a BP/W setup that is not the prescribed size for me, as it was bought for a much larger man, but it's more comfortable and FAR more stable than my BC, and my BC will be replaced in short order. The advantage of the BP/W setup is that the webbing harness is infinitely adjustable, very easily, and without any tools. The shoulder straps can be put as narrow as you want (crossed) or in a more standard place. The waist band is easy to get snug. It just customizes more easily.

Just my personal experience . . .

I have the Diva LX and LOVE it. No problems ever. I am looking at the Zeagle Zena, but unsure whether I want a zipper front. I like the velcro for easy release taking off my gear. I hate to try something new, but I also would like to try something new. There are no dive shops around here that have the Zena to try for a dive and I hate to pay the price for one if I don't like it. Like several others have mentioned, try on as many as you can to find the one that fits you best.

Melissa

Phil Mintz:
Please read our press release on our new SHE DIVES Collection:
She Dives? Not that names should matter, but that name is a turnoff, to me anyway. Would you call a line "He Dives?"

It is the name if the collection, not the products if that matters? The feedback we received was positive. The point of it is that women dive and the products should be made for them.

Thanks for the feedback, it is important.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom