Wanna stay down longgerrr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Nemo Wide manual says this about CNS %:
View attachment 631875

This suggests -- but does not prove -- that CNS % is calculated by the NOAA tables presented earlier, those being the only "currently accepted recommendations for exposure limits" that I am aware of.
If so, then it is just not possible that you ever got to 70% (or the flashing 75%) CNS % display, unless your computer is faulty. To get to 70% would require that you spend 105-minutes at a PPO2 of 1.4, which would be 111 ft on 32% Nitrox.
Also, that computer does NOT calculate or display OTUs during a dive or a planning session.

As to your claim that you could get down to 6 liters/min SAC; I'll call BS on that.
ok, ok i said maybe @Edward3c said 9l/min sooo, before i quoted mine was 8-13l/min

help. :surrender:
<TG>

i believe i bought in 2015 or so and the box and manual just says mares nemo, not wide, air , sport, etc.... but from my understanding not all models have a seperate EANx and mulitgas modes...<TG>
@BLACKCRUSADER before you said you ended on 870psi, do you use a bailout bottle? Air isn't my issue i know you can go way deeper than 45m with 63s twinset, last time i checked with buddies on beach my SAC was 7-13l or so but i don't plan dives using that....

My 45m dive was without exceeding NDL. No I didn't use a bailout bottle and as I wrote I had completed my safety stop with over 1100 psi I just continued at 5m on the reef for another15 minutes doing more slow off gassing. Ending a dive with 60 bar or 870 psi is certainly acceptable.

I started ascending with from 45m with 180 bar, even after 30 minutes into the dive I'm back up at less than 15m with 120 bar. at 45 minutes into the dive I still have 100 bar. More than enough air for an emergency without the need of a pony bottle. :) At least I know the SAC rate for this dive, with the last 30 minutes swimming into a current on this little island getting to the boat mooring area. Pescadore Island Moalboal Cebu. Many divers have been there.

45m 30 minutes.jpg

ok, ok i said maybe @Edward3c said 9l/min sooo, before i quoted mine was 8-13l/min help. :surrender:<TG>

Nope you already wrote you have an issue with gas consumption. I think you are in the 15l/m to 25/m range. :) Without dive log proof and knowing your start and end pressures that's what I will believe. Other wise why do you need a 133 for any NDL dive?

ok, ok i said maybe @Edward3c said 9l/min sooo, before i quoted mine was 8-13l/min

help. :surrender:
<TG>
Do I have this right? You just made your data/estimate up for the fun of it. To be less than someone else's. In a thread you are trying to get help in? Or did I miss something?

Do I have this right? You just made your data/estimate up for the fun of it. To be less than someone else's. In a thread you are trying to get help in? Or did I miss something?

He is not being honest with his SAC rate. It's not a competition. I worked on my techniques for a long time and dive in optimal conditions of warm water around 28c temp, I like to dive with the current but can do a complete dive into a slow current when required.
Even in dives against the current I will find places to rest if needed. Some divers just continue and burn up energy and air and do not look for places where an outcrop on the reef blocks the current you can rest at, or make a slower pace where they are comfortable. Some stronger divers with better skills can tire our a lesser experienced diver not used to longer swimming times against a current.

The answer to your questions are Yes and No :) Maybe soon he can brag about his SAC rate being zero. He's going to beat us all. After all the shop told him he was good. Maybe they compared him to the worst divers on air they had and that gave him extra confidence. We'll never know really.

Yep, that does seem to be the situation. Not worth trying to help anymore. Too much fantasy.

@Edward3c
Sorry I should have given more details.

My normal SAC is just under 15l/m.
I did a SAC test finning flat out for 5mins each way and got 20l/m.
So I entered a working SAC of 30l/m and deco of 20l/m in Multideco, so there's a reserve there.
Then I times the planned gas consumption by 1.5 then use that figure to make sure I have at least that available gas.

I've only just completed my Advanced Nitrox/Helitrox deco course so I'm open to other ideas.

Cheers, Mike

Yep, that does seem to be the situation. Not worth trying to help anymore. Too much fantasy.

Well there is this
"Capt. T. Goetz said: You went down to 45m.... i doubt that you did that on OC or twinset, please tell me what you used so i can reevaluate what i might need or see what others are using, thx <TG> "

So here he doesn't believe I can do a 45m dive on air then later he said I did a safe dive. So he assumes I must not be on OC or on a twinset... he was correct about not being on a twinset only a single tank.

He claims he is bad on gas but now thinks he can have SAC rate of 6 lol. His claimed CNS percentages on NDL dives no one can compute even if a repeat dive to the same depth of 70 feet for an hour.

I dive with 5 foot Asian men and women divers. There are DM's out there much better on air than I am but they do 20 dives a week for a living in Asia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom