Wanna stay down longgerrr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PYLE stops, No. He developed them for the fish he was bringing up from depth not for himself. He doesn't promote anymore. Slow tissues are still on-loading as adequately demonstrated by Prof Simon Mitchell at one of BSAC's conferences.

The 88 Tables gave:
1 min @ 6m for scenario one, and
3 min @ 9m and 18 @ 6m for scenario two.

@Capt. T. Goetz Sorry, which model is your Mares Nemo? Nemo Air? Nemo Sport? Nemo Excel? Nemo Wide? Is it from 2005, or later?
i believe i bought in 2015 or so and the box and manual just says mares nemo, not wide, air , sport, etc.... but from my understanding not all models have a seperate EANx and mulitgas modes...<TG>
@BLACKCRUSADER before you said you ended on 870psi, do you use a bailout bottle? Air isn't my issue i know you can go way deeper than 45m with 63s twinset, last time i checked with buddies on beach my SAC was 7-13l or so but i don't plan dives using that....

last time i checked with buddies on beach my SAC was 7-13l
If you are really interested in diving deeper then you really need to measure your OWN SAC, and not go by comparison with buddies. If you don't know how to do it, there are endless threads on it, and you can learn in your deco class. If you DO know how to do it, then just do it.
i believe i bought in 2015 or so and the box and manual just says mares nemo, not wide, air , sport, etc.... but from my understanding not all models have a seperate EANx and mulitgas modes...
It is still unclear what model Nemo you have.
Nemo Air (hose/air integrated) manual is 2008.
Nemo Sport (puck) is 2007
Nemo Excel (wristwatch) is 2009
Nemo Wide (wrist, large) is 2012
A picture of your computer might help.

i did some research online and only the original nemo wide has multi gas modes, which don't use now but it's there... so i guess mine is the first variant of the Mares Nemo Wide.. Oh and that SAC was mine, it's was just done out of the blue on a hot sandy beach so it might not be entirely accurate, bet i could get a 5-6l if i sat down an tried hard lol
<TG>

I can't do it now bc i'm in the Keys remember?:drunks:

i did some research online and only the original nemo wide has multi gas modes, which don't use now but it's there... so i guess mine is the first variant of the Mares Nemo Wide.. Oh and that SAC was mine, it's was just done out of the blue on a hot sandy beach so it might not be entirely accurate, bet i could get a 5-6l if i sat down an tried hard lol
<TG>

I can't do it now bc i'm in the Keys remember?:drunks:
You should be able to calculate you SAC from your dive records.

i guess mine is the first variant of the Mares Nemo Wide.
Does yours look like this?
upload_2020-12-21_12-45-48.png

yes but the housing is more sliver than black... but other wise yes that looks like it
<TG>
The Nemo Wide manual says this about CNS %:
upload_2020-12-21_16-14-1.png

This suggests -- but does not prove -- that CNS % is calculated by the NOAA tables presented earlier, those being the only "currently accepted recommendations for exposure limits" that I am aware of.
If so, then it is just not possible that you ever got to 70% (or the flashing 75%) CNS % display, unless your computer is faulty. To get to 70% would require that you spend 105-minutes at a PPO2 of 1.4, which would be 111 ft on 32% Nitrox.
Also, that computer does NOT calculate or display OTUs during a dive or a planning session.

As to your claim that you could get down to 6 liters/min SAC; I'll call BS on that.

I never, ever managed to have a SAC rate below 11 liters/ minute. My average value is 13. It is still less than other buddies, who are usually around 15 liters/min
A SAC rate of 10 liters/min is really small. It is feasibile perhaps by a very minute lady. My wife is around 11 liters/minute, and she is always the one with more air at the end...
Said that, I also do not make complex calculations based on SAC for planning the dive.
What I do instead is to check the SPG very frequently, as I know that different conditions (water temperature, current, activity done) can easily make it double or more.
So, when the remaining pressure is not high enough, then it is time to come back, even if the "planned" time has not be reached.
On the other side, if everything goes smooth and everyone has plenty of air, I do not have any problem extending the dive by 10 minutes or so, even if this causes some deco obligation.
I simply do not care of the NDL.
I always start the dive with the plan that, if everything goes well, there wiil be deco stops...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom