Review Scubatron GBM Chest Mount nCCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None of the above rebreathers would be beneficial. I want something with minimum training, and as an add on to open circuit. I'm not certified at the moment, although I have long term plans to participate in technical diving. So my choices need to be accurate.
I think you should set-aside any plans to get a CCR for a good while.

I was thinking the chest mounted rebreathers could be as simple as open circuit training without the extra luggage of technical diving.
A rebreather is still a rebreather. There's no such thing as a simple rebreather. It does not matter where and how you put it. Rebreathers are complex machines that require a lot of dedication.

I have received a few option's on chest mounted rebreathers. Most of my future diving will be open circuit. Some are telling me you don't need one if I'm not diving deep.
Stay with OC until you really need a rebreather for the kind of diving you want to do. I really enjoy my simple OC dives more then doing those with a CCR. However, deco diving deep wrecks is imho not a enjoyable with OC as with a rebreather. Besides the cost of trimix gas, rebreathers are more practical for more complex dives.

Do you see yourself dropping the final galvanic at some point? Did you do any unit specific training?
I will probably go all SSS eventually. This unit is certified to be taught under IANTD and I did a cross-over course with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom