Wanna stay down longgerrr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't see how as I am not hanging on a rope doing deco obligations and the first stops really are just part of the dive and are cleared as so short in time. The last stop can be done on a reef wall or over a reef that is deep enough.

Your case is an exception, for most cases of tech diving deco is typically done in a resting state. Drifting along under an SMB, hanging on to a line, or watching wet rocks.

That makes the most sense of anything in this thread so far. Looking at OTUs and reading them as CNS. You may have just cracked this thread. And it only took 11 pages.
Just arrived at page 18. Still haven't seen any explanation...

Mighty high expectations on a beervirus year thread on SB.
Usually takes a few pages just to get to the actual question.
Probably going to split off into different threads, morph into GUE vs PADI then to BP/W vs jacket BCs and then someone will ask about sidemount. Two guys will tell everyone that ever dove air deeper than 30m that they died and are not aware of it yet. Not even going to touch climate change, fish farming, industrial fishing, plastics, renewable energy vs. fossil fuels and nuclear power. Hopefully someone will post a funny meme or pet pictures to make it worth the whole read.

And my question still hasn't been answered their caught up trying to prove an SAC of 6l/min isn't possible even though i said it was just a goal, and about pictures of dive data, at they beginning of this thread i quoted that i was in the FL keys and all of my information was on memory....

Your case is an exception, for most cases of tech diving deco is typically done in a resting state. Drifting along under an SMB, hanging on to a line, or watching wet rocks.

Not really an exception when many places in Asia have reefs where the sea bed is at 5m - 6m. Lot's of muck diving to do at those depths off gassing enjoying lot's of tiny creatures that can be found. Might even get a photo or video in to pass the time.
At Moalboal Cebu you can see the blue water line where the reef drops from around 5m - 8m along the coastline and goes for miles either side. DM's will often bring divers back to around 5m for the last 10 mins of the dive so they can see things like mantis and dragon sea moths, pipe fish, blue ringed octopus, and other critters around that depth. Can be best part of the dive as they often still on a slow swim back to the house reef or boat pickup. Sure we drift along under smbs as easy to keep depth sometimes I get lazy and clip mine onto a d ring.

And my question still hasn't been answered their caught up trying to prove an SAC of 6l/min isn't possible even though i said it was just a goal, and about pictures of dive data, at they beginning of this thread i quoted that i was in the FL keys and all of my information was on memory....
Best I've very done on OC is 8.25Lt/min (Belize), apart from 3.45Lt/min on my Rebreather try-dive.

LOL!!
Your questions have either been answered or debunked, many times over.
You just don't want to hear the answers.

So now you are saying it's all on memory so suddenly your dive computer which you claimed showed a CNS of over 65% doesn't keep dive data that you can download? I call BS on that.

6l/min that range is certainly possible for some people. Not me.. this was my best ever on a shallow last dive of my vacation totally relaxed and was a slow drift dive with the current, so slow you could almost not move for the whole dive.

Sac rate 7.18 which to tell you the truth is just nuts even for me. When I got back on the boat with 140 bar 2030 psi after 55 minutes on an AL 80 even I was stunned.

140 BAR 55 MINS.jpg

So now you are saying it's all on memory so suddenly your dive computer which you claimed showed a CNS of over 65% doesn't keep dive data that you can download

Just to clarify, he is presently in one location, and his dive computer is in another. So it's from memory for now, but presumably could be looked up in the future. Which would be helpful, since we're all speculating about the plausibility of some numbers which are from memory. Could well be that the recalled numbers are off a bit, that would explain a lot in this thread. Anyway, whenever we're able to see more accurate data, I'm sure we can achieve a more constructive interpretation of it.

Mighty high expectations on a beervirus year thread on SB.
Usually takes a few pages just to get to the actual question.
Probably going to split off into different threads, morph into GUE vs PADI then to BP/W vs jacket BCs and then someone will ask about sidemount. Two guys will tell everyone that ever dove air deeper than 30m that they died and are not aware of it yet. Not even going to touch climate change, fish farming, industrial fishing, plastics, renewable energy vs. fossil fuels and nuclear power. Hopefully someone will post a funny meme or pet pictures to make it worth the whole read.

But can you do it with split fins?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom