Info Two New Dive Computers from Scubapro for 23! LUNA 2.0 (with & without Air Integration with GF) with aggressive pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So are the adjustable intermediate stops just rebranding deep stops?Anyone see what the range of GF are yet?

So are the adjustable intermediate stops just rebranding deep stops?Anyone see what the range of GF are yet?
If Scubapro uses the same ZHL16-GF algorithm currently used on the HUD, it is pretty standard settings for Low and High in increments of 5. I have used the HUD and a Perdix and they track close enough to be identical.

Looks like a very reasonable addition to the recreational diver market, the AI alone puts it far ahead of many of the lower cost alternatives in the market.

I thought PDIS was part of Buhlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB and won't run in Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF but may be wrong. I wonder if the GF will be presets or presets with custom. If the latter, would imagine it will be full scale.

I thought PDIS was part of Buhlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB and won't run in Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF but may be wrong. I wonder if the GF will be presets or presets with custom. If the latter, would imagine it will be full scale.
You are correct. If you select ZH-L16C GF, PDIS and MB settings are gone. The Scubapro HUD allows you to switch between the 2 algorithms and the documentation describes the difference. Interestingly, the G2 Tek does not support ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG...only ZH-L16C GF. The new Luna models look like you can switch between the 2 models as you can with the HUD.

This is a completely non functional observation but I hate the color.

Interestingly, the G2 Tek does not support ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG...only ZH-L16C GF.
Even though the G2 Tek claims to be running straight ZH-L16C GF, there are several references in the manual to microbubbles, including adjusting deco and NDL times based on them. Impossible to say whether they've actually altered the algorithm or just included some poorly written copy.

I thought PDIS was part of Buhlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB...
It's an alphabet soup that would make the diversityists happy!

Give us a clue: what's ADT, what's MB? Better still what "problem" does it solve?

Not having a go at you @scubadada, just wondering why these companies seem to love playing around with algorithms that just work. Buhlmann+GF would be fine.

Once you exceed a required stop at 100/100, you will get locked out.

What is meant by "locked out" in this context, no second dive for a period of time or something else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom