Info Two New Dive Computers from Scubapro for 23! LUNA 2.0 (with & without Air Integration with GF) with aggressive pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"its seems" :)

Read the specs that seem to contradict what you said, read below please.
Not really? The display is a clear step back from the G2, not forward, despite what the specs might say. If it's not only about keeping a price point (that display is cheaper) then I think it's about keeping it slim: slimness requires a small battery, and that screen will use a lot less power than the one in a G2 or Peregrine, so enables slimness. Hence, compromise in order to achieve price point and slimness, it seems.

Yes, it probably is for lower cost and slimness. I'll probably buy the AI version when it is available and test it.

A lot of people will opt for this price point with features included when they don't see the point for spending more for the G2. They can have lots of usable features for them including AI and still be able to afford it. I know that many people in my part of the world will, they can't afford or justify a Perdeix, G2, Ratio or the like but can afford the Luna 2.0.

It's a partial dot-matrix screen:

View attachment 746717

First, the computer hasn't been release yet and it won't until Q1 of 23 so the pictures of the screen are "mock" pictures.

MBL0: This is a standard SP terminology if you are using their algorithm = Micro Bubble Level 0 or conservatism factor. 0 is least conservative and 9 is highest conservatism.

NST: No Stop Time or NDL

Number with missing label: I don't know what it is and I can't find out since the manual hasn't been release so far.

The computer at its price won't have the latest screen technology. If you want that, you go for the G2 Tek. As I have explained before/above, this is meant for the people that can't afford or justify paying the higher prices for the "latest and greatest" in parts and don't care for it yet they want a more capable dive computer with GF and possibly AI. You can't compare it or expect it to compete against the higher end of SP, SW, Ratio, etc. at its price point.

Always been a bit of a UI (user interface) nerd.
Motto: Don’t Make Me Think

Am sure that for the majority of recreational divers that computer will be fine.

Was mildly surprised that it appears to be a monochrome screen. Given that people are very used to small decent colour screens, that design choice may make that computer screen look a little old school. But as you say, the only screenshot is a mock-up.

Widening the topic slightly, this is where the new Apple Watch may make market inroads. Their dive offering is ~$850, around $400 more than a standard Apple watch. Or around the same price as this dive computer, plus you get the Apple brand cachet.

The price increase for the Peregrine and the Perdix AI [since I bought both] in my part of the world will have some people looking at other options.
I am seeing more and more Peregrines on the wrists of local divers even with the price increase , when I ask "do you like it?", the response is "love the screen , easy to use and read or colour screen", some don't need AI or a compass.
And it is dead easy to use.
If it is priced right there is a market for the SP Luna 2.0 for rec divers.
Too bad it's proprietary transmitters
And this ^^^.

without a color screen, i see no broad market appeal

at least you can argue aqualung is trying these days with the i330r (even if it has reliability questions)

What is this little diver icon?

1664930228536.png

Is that an "you're underwater indicator"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom