The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ladies and gentlemen, friends and neighbors my picture drought is near its end thanks to the kindness of many of you, and the fine folks at REEF Photo & Video. Thank you all very much. I now have in my possession, the friends of Scubakev/Reef Photo Video Memorial Camera.

I am certain that there will be a learning curve, so don't make fun of the first couple hundred or so.

That takes too long to upload those damn things! I also have Kitty fighting with a lobster somewhere :)

Why is Tim fighting with a lobster ??? :shakehead:
He should really TRY to get along!!!

Good to hear Kev, look forward to those pics!

Okay! We went diving today, and I brought along the Friends of Scubakev and REEF PHOTO & VIDEO Memorial Camera for it's baptism. We had kinda choppy sea, but not too bad, 2-4 subsiding to 2-3 by the end of the trip. The water was 75 degrees still, and we had foggy blue water, probably 45' vis. There was a strong north current.

The camera worked very well, but there was definitely a learning curve. I burnt my first 30 shots, some beyond recognition, and I concentrated for the most part on just trying to get a decent exposure. Even though we saw a couple of turtles and a big ray I was ripping past everything with that current, and had lots of trouble getting around. I mostly shot stuff that couldn't run away, like sponges and corals.

nothing.jpg

I was able to sneak up on this soft coral without terrifying it with the giant eyeness of the Friends of Scubakev and REEF PHOTO & VIDEO Memorial Camera. I didn't have that kind of luck with much else, so I took the shot, figuring that I could just photoshop a subject into it later.

TimC.jpg

Tim C was along shooting his new Light & Motion, also from REEF PHOTO & VIDEO.

Me.jpg

I still had some Dark Overlord residue on my left side from when Terri was on the boat, but it's fading.

friendlyAlex.jpg

Captain Alex. He had a birthday Monday, but he kept it a secret. I'm gonna blast him on Saturday with a birthday surprise on the surface interval.

friendlyAlex.jpg

Captain Alex. He had a birthday Monday, but he kept it a secret. I'm gonna blast him on Saturday with a birthday surprise on the surface interval.

Look at the size of that nose... it's like sputnik....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom