Seaskin Dry Glove Question - Best Option for Wreck It Ralph Hands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bpodbielski

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've decided to make the leap into the drysuit world and I've been slowly building out my list of options for ordering from Seaskin.

There seems to be a healthy debate on here about SiTech Oval vs Kubi, but I'm not finding a ton of information regarding how those options will work for those of us with giant hands. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

Kubi, hands down. Get the neo covers and you'll be set.

They are both great systems but I like the simplicity of the kubi. Glove and wrist seal changes are less than 2 minutes. They're AL so they should last nearly forever and aren't likely to crack or be easily damaged. Just make sure to lube the red o-ring before using them and then every couple weeks.

Edit: go to your LDS and see if they have a kubi ring template. I know a few of mine do and that works way better than printing one out and cutting it from paper. Most likely you'll need the 100mm rings and may still be a bit tight getting your mitt through.

I've decided to make the leap into the drysuit world and I've been slowly building out my list of options for ordering from Seaskin.

There seems to be a healthy debate on here about SiTech Oval vs Kubi, but I'm not finding a ton of information regarding how those options will work for those of us with giant hands. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

Si-Tech's oval cuff ring system will be rendered round unless one pairs them with Si-Tech's Antares glove rings or Fourth Element's Ellipse glove rings. Although the oval cuff ring system is great and highly recommend both of the glove ring systems mentioned above are not.

While I would normally recommend the Si-Tech ovals paired with the Rolock 90 glove rings and would recommend these if you are just being hyperbolic, but if your hands are truly as larg as you insinuate then you may struggle with either Kubi rings or Si-Tech ovals paired with any aftermarket system.

Perhaps in your case you should consider the larger diameter Si-Tech QCP round rings paired with the Si-Tech Glove Lock system. On the SeaSkin website's suit builder, the Si-Tech QCP round rings are listed as: "SiTech Docking System 60910 fitted":

1698167959874.png

Here is a link to their page for the Glove lock ring system:

1698168644999.png

-Z

Thanks!
I have gorilla hands. I think I've only ever met 2 or 3 people in my life with larger hands. I've had the 1st place arm wrestling champion for my state comment on how big my hands were (he would still kill me!).

I use Rolock 90's with very thick liners inside of Showa 720's. I don't have any real issue slipping through the ring. It's a little tight but not impossible or uncomfortable. With thick liners the XXL 720's do feel really snug. After a few dives or wearing the setup around the house they will stretch some and feel better.

It's my understanding @Boarderguy has really girly hands... he should probably refrain from parading his beloved Kubi's around in this thread :poke: :D :rofl3: .....jk

Don't be mad about my schmedium hands. When I put my cath on everything looks huge.:giggle:
Bahahahahahahahaha.... touché my friend, touché

Don't be mad about my schmedium hands. When I put my cath on everything looks huge.:giggle:
Squinting will do that sometimes.

-Z

Kubi, hands down. Get the neo covers and you'll be set.

They are both great systems but I like the simplicity of the kubi. Glove and wrist seal changes are less than 2 minutes. They're AL so they should last nearly forever and aren't likely to crack or be easily damaged. Just make sure to lube the red o-ring before using them and then every couple weeks.

Edit: go to your LDS and see if they have a kubi ring template. I know a few of mine do and that works way better than printing one out and cutting it from paper. Most likely you'll need the 100mm rings and may still be a bit tight getting your mitt through.
I did the print off and the 100mm was a little tighter than I would have preferred (especially since I'm not sure on the accuracy of the printout), which is what started me down this whole route. I'll ask around with a few of the LDSs in my area to see what they have available/accessible.

With limited interest in drysuit diving here in NC, I might just have to bite the bullet and buy a few glove systems to try them on prior to ordering.

Really appreciate the insight from everyone, even if I do feel like I unintentionally stirred the pot slight here haha

I did the print off and the 100mm was a little tighter than I would have preferred (especially since I'm not sure on the accuracy of the printout), which is what started me down this whole route. I'll ask around with a few of the LDSs in my area to see what they have available/accessible.

With limited interest in drysuit diving here in NC, I might just have to bite the bullet and buy a few glove systems to try them on prior to ordering.

Really appreciate the insight from everyone, even if I do feel like I unintentionally stirred the pot slight here haha
Do you already have a suit or will you be ordering one with the system installed on it? In a pinch you can get a 4 in ID pipe and that will be close @ 101mm. Cut it to a 1 in ring and give it a shot. Give your LDS and those a bit further away a call and see if they have one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom