Seaskin Dry Glove Question - Best Option for Wreck It Ralph Hands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you already have a suit or will you be ordering one with the system installed on it? In a pinch you can get a 4 in ID pipe and that will be close @ 101mm. Cut it to a 1 in ring and give it a shot. Give your LDS and those a bit further away a call and see if they have one.
I'll be looking at ordering one with the system installed, so I'll definitely give the 4" pipe try!

Honestly never even occurred to me to make a run to Home Depot for a quick try on sizing.... For sure still going to make some calls around tomorrow and see what I can find in the extended area though

With limited interest in drysuit diving here in NC, I might just have to bite the bullet and buy a few glove systems to try them on prior to ordering.

What? Why wouldn't you dive NC with a drysuit?

As far as what to get Ultimas, Rolock 90's, and Kubi all have a good track record. I can't fathom that your hands wouldn't fit, and you have to remember, it's not really the hands it's the wrist. I squeeze my hand through with a little effort and then its fine. I never felt like it wouldn't work, it just takes a little finesse.

Go find someone with any of the above and stick your hand through. If you're anywhere around Maryland anytime soon come on over. I have the Ultimas and the Rolock 90's you can try to get your mitts through.

Did you just offer him the opportunity to fist your, eh hem, suit?
Yes Sir, but I only accept large fists... so don't bother asking

I'll get in there after my knife cuts your seal free glove off

🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

I’m in NC and my drysuit shows up in a few weeks hopefully. I got the Kubi cuffs but have small hands. For the sizing I got a protractor and a piece of foam board and made my own which was in my mind easier than the printout method on every front.

What? Why wouldn't you dive NC with a drysuit?

As far as what to get Ultimas, Rolock 90's, and Kubi all have a good track record. I can't fathom that your hands wouldn't fit, and you have to remember, it's not really the hands it's the wrist. I squeeze my hand through with a little effort and then its fine. I never felt like it wouldn't work, it just takes a little finesse.

Go find someone with any of the above and stick your hand through. If you're anywhere around Maryland anytime soon come on over. I have the Ultimas and the Rolock 90's you can try to get your mitts through.
We only moved here a few years ago, but it seems like most of the diving is very seasonal around here. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely people around here who are diving dry and semi-dry all year, but it doesn't seem to be even a tenth as popular (completely anecdotal). Plus ocean temps can be in the 70's until November, though the local quarry (Fantasy Lake) seems to find a way to freeze my ass off even in August.

Appreciate the offer! If I was making any trips back up north, I would totally see about taking you up on that.

I don't have Wreck It Ralph gorrilla hands 🖐️. But, for what it's worth, when I was shopping for a suit I did try SeaSkin's paper printout, taped to a piece of cardboard to give it some rigidity. I put on a gardening glove to estimate a dryglove liner, and picked the smallest size that I could cram my hand through. When the suit came, I was surprised to find that it was a lot easier to get my hand through the ring than it was with the cardboard, even though they were the same size.

I think this is because the cardboard cutout was still too squishy and too thin to be a good test. I like @Boarderguy 's idea of a 4" ID x 1" chunk of PVC or something, that will give you a much more realistic test. Also, my actual dryglove liners are a lot thinner and more pliable than gardening gloves. The liner on the inside of a ski glove would be good, if you've got a pair laying around. Or any glove that's around 1/8" to 3/16" of soft fabric (not leather), and without grippy reinforcements in the palm or knuckles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom