Sanity check on Seaskin options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No tool needed for quick neck. You don't want bunch of small clips on a rocking boat. Push the suit ring from bellow, groove will open up, push yellow ring in and just go around.
P valve is a must have IMO. You don't have to use it if you don't want to (just make sure to remember when you are not connected, I almost let it go inside the suit on few ocassions).
Go for biggest pockets and 2 of them. They are not expensive and no one ever complained they have too much space in their pockets. Velcro will serve you well unless you are opening your pockets dozens of times on every dive ( nice thing is there are small zippered pockets on pocket flaps)

Thanks everyone for the great advice. And it's reassuring to see a lot of agreement on certain items (e.g. pee valve). After having my kids obsessively measure me 3 times, 'm about to pull the trigger on a Nova with:
* telescoping torso
* Trigon pee valve (in all my searching I can't find a single person who regrets getting the valve)
* Sitech quick neck and oval wrist seals. If I find my hands getting cold, I'll buy the Rolock dry glove system later. Antares seems to be hated by many
* DIR location dump valve: I have fantasies of taking a fundies course at some point soon, so figure I'll go with DIR config
* Bellows pockets on both outside thighs. I initially was going for zip up, but I consensus seems to be on velcro for potentially critical items
* Kevlar knee pad
* Velcro socks

I'll sleep on it before hitting "buy".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom