Just got my new Seaskin Nova -- The Good and the Ehhhhh...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have built my suit 30x before actually ordering. I went through every detail and if I didn't understand I asked @stuartv ... in fact I asked him a LOT of questions come to think of it🤣🤣🤣

And I googled stuff too

Dude...I stopped reading your posts days ago. Take a chill pill.
Perhaps that is part of your problems.

-Z

I must have built my suit 30x before actually ordering. I went through every detail and if I didn't understand I asked @stuartv ... in fact I asked him a LOT of questions come to think of it🤣🤣🤣

And I googled stuff too
Kudos to you. I, too, built my suit multiple times before ordering. The one thing I didn't obsess over was the cuffs because I thought the website provided me with the right answer the first time. *shrug*

First, let's dispense with the "ivory tower opinion" bit. I'm 100% certain that had I not stated my profession, this veiled insult wouldn't even have come up, so let's just pretend it didn't.
You brought up you profession as a justification for your opinion, which is the epitome of an "ivory tower opinion." If you had not believed that your profession lent weight to your opinion you would not have brought it up.

You brought up you profession as a justification for your opinion, which is the epitome of an "ivory tower opinion." If you had not believed that your profession lent weight to your opinion you would not have brought it up.
Yes to the second, and no to the first. Expertise is relevant. The notion of an "ivory tower" is just anti-intellectual bullpuckey. (Well, I have my personal opinions about a few of the more esoteric disciplines' ivory-toweredness due to their particular brands of bullpuckey, but the point remains.)

(Well, I have my personal opinions about a few of the more esoteric disciplines' ivory-toweredness due to their particular brands of bullpuckey, but the point remains.)
Pot calling the kettle black.

Isn't it ironic that the "experts" can't use the website successfully, but the far more numerous amateurs can.

I am aware of and comfortable with my hypocrisy. :)
Essentially admitting my point. The inhabitants of any given ivory tower should be disqualified from judging how ivory their particular tower is. The outsiders have a better perspective.

Reactions: Zef
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom