Please for your honest thoughts on these 3 reg's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm curious too. I dealt with Oceanic for many years, but it is possible (unlikely, but possible) that I've been treated differently or fooled.

The Navy is going to love this! From your post sounds as though Deep Ocean Engineering are headed for disaster too!

You guys are cracking me up. It looks like the Delta 4 is for me :)

I have the Aeris AT400/Pro w/DVT. I have been very happy with mine. They breathe great IMO, I have used them in mostly cooler water; around 44F-70F. I liked my Pro reg so much that I bought a second one for my backup.

Does that Aeris come with DVT also?

Does that Aeris come with DVT also?

Sure does. I went to Oceanic's website, and they look to be pretty much the same.
I really like mine. The only problem I have is: I'm forgetful, so I'm always forgetting to detune the reg at the surface when I gear up. As soon as I turn my air on, you got it; HISSSSSSS....................! I feel like a moron.:11doh:

So could you do us all the favor of enlightening us as to why you would not choose to buy anything from this manufacturer? It's a pretty important question because as Thalassa says there are a number of important institutions and organizations who rely on Oceanic.....

I'll venture a guess: This is from his profile. The red emphasis is mine.

Dive Equipment 16 tanks, 22 regs and tons of other crap
It appears he considers all his gear crap, and wouldn't feel comfortable with good stuff. He's Hard Core fer sure.:D

Cool post dude. As for the one about higher service cost, why would you say that. As long as you take it to an authorized dealer parts are free for life! And if you don't have any experience with them how can you offer an opinion. I have dove the delta4, don't own one but I do own a delta3, GT3, and an alpha7. Depending on how you tune the second stage on the Deltas and the GT I can't tell the difference. And my alpha which is the pool reg breathes as well as any of them. I also have two sherwoods- a brut and a blizzard. As already stated bulletproof but I'd take the oceanics over either.

I'm not about to buy anything from Oceanic (or Aeris), especially anything I need to breathe from.
No, I have never used any of their regulators.
Yes I have used some of their other prodcucts including gauges,
I have only been diving for 35 years, maybe you can get a more experienced opinion...
The is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in any forums. If they were giving out Darwin awards for forum posting this would be a strong contender.

Sir, you are not George Irwine who could reject any piece of gear that would not confirm to his diving philosophy, and people would listen to him. The the biggest reason that he could do it and you can't (or at least shouldn't) is because every time he would do it, he would provide a ton of reasons why he wouldn't use a certain piece of gear.

On the topic though: this whole thing is almost a coin toss for me. I've used only Oceanic, Aeris, and Apeks equipment in my "dive life" and very happy with the either. If the OP prefers pneumatically balanced 2nd stage that its Aeris AT400 for him, if not, then it is Delta 4. Performance-wise At400 and Delta 4 are identical, or nearly so, although i believe Doug K. (marketing director of Oceanic) have said in some post somewhere that FDX10 (Delta 4 first stage) is a better performer than any other Oceanic (Aeris) product.

As far as the Sherwood is concerned i can't give an intelligent opinion here, as I have never used one. Although i know a bunch of people who use them regularly. To me, Sherwood is a good reg that could be a "somewhat" low cost alternatives to Oceanic / Aeris duo, but may not be a equal contender here.

Last edited:
Never used Sherwood, so I can't say.

Oceanic Delta4 is going to breath better than the AT400, but will cost you more $$$. The AT400 is a great regulator, just not as great as the Delta4. An Oceanic GT3 w/ DVT is the same as the Aeris AT400.

The Oceanic GT3 can also be purchased as non-DVT for less money..... and they often can be found on ???sale/clearance??? for around $180-$250. I currently use a non-DVT GT3 thats been converted to DIN. Its balanced and environmentally sealed (CDX5 1st stage). A great regulator for the $$$. I figured why pay extra for DVT when I was just going to pull it out and replace it with a non-DVT DIN adaptor?

The is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in any forums. If they were giving out Darwin awards for forum posting this would be a strong contender.

Sir, you are not George Irwine who could reject any piece of gear that would not confirm to his diving philosophy, and people would listen to him. The the biggest reason that he could do it and you can't (or at least shouldn't) is because every time he would do it, he would provide a ton of reasons why he wouldn't use a certain piece of gear.

On the topic though: this whole thing is almost a coin toss for me. I've used only Oceanic, Aeris, and Apeks equipment in my "dive life" and very happy with the either. If the OP prefers pneumatically balanced 2nd stage that its Aeris AT400 for him, if not, then it is Delta 4. Performance-wise At400 and Delta 4 are identical, or nearly so, although i believe Doug K. (marketing director of Oceanic) have said in some post somewhere that FDX10 (Delta 4 first stage) is a better performer than any other Oceanic (Aeris) product.

As far as the Sherwood is concerned i can't give an intelligent opinion here, as I have never used one. Although i know a bunch of people who use them regularly. To me, Sherwood is a good reg that could be a "somewhat" low cost alternatives to Oceanic / Aeris duo, but may not be a equal contender here.

Awesome post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom