Please for your honest thoughts on these 3 reg's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The oceanic comes with a comfort swivel at the second stage which lots of our customers love.

Also the 2nd stage is a simpler design, therefore easier to service, than the AT400.
The maximus is bulletproof and the simplest but also likely to be the lowest performer, so my list would be 1. Delta 4 2. AT400 3. Maximus.

Please note these are my personal opinions based solely on my experiences and should be taken as such.
You beat me too it.

All that I might add is that if you are the kind of diver who does not service or rinse his gear, lets it all bake in wet seawater in the trunk of a car and who likes to use the regulator's first stage as a hammer ... then buy the Sherwood. Honest to god ... you can do all that with it and more. Otherwise I'd get the Oceanic.

Not yet tried, I am doing some research before I go in and ask more details from them. I am strictly a rec diver, not into tech diving. I also mostly do tropical diving here in florida since I live here and a few 70 degree springs.

Where in FL are you? If you're anywhere near SFLA you maybe able to dive the Oceanic :D

Wys

I live in the Tampabay area, I tell ya, my heads hurts trying figure out what to do....Never in my life have I spend so much thought and time on scuba gear

You beat me too it.

All that I might add is that if you are the kind of diver who does not service or rinse his gear, lets it all bake in wet seawater in the trunk of a car and who likes to use the regulator's first stage as a hammer ... then buy the Sherwood. Honest to god ... you can do all that with it and more.

Couldn't be stated better. I have a friend that has a sherwood that she hasn't had serviced in 15 years, and it still works great. Sherwoods are also decent cold water regulators.

From my experience Sherwoods can breathe a little wet if you do things like swim upsidedown. Also they suffer some slight performance loss below 100' or so.

I wouldn't buy any of those regulators but if I had to pick for whatever reason it woulf most certainly be a sherwood. Pick a sealed diaphragm fist stage and adjustable second stage. Dont pay attention to cost to much as a good reg is worth the extra expense. look at quality I mean really pay attention to the little manufacturing details and you will see a big difference.

I wouldn't buy any of those regulators but if I had to pick for whatever reason it woulf most certainly be a sherwood. Pick a sealed diaphragm fist stage and adjustable second stage. Dont pay attention to cost to much as a good reg is worth the extra expense. look at quality I mean really pay attention to the little manufacturing details and you will see a big difference.

I dont quite understand this, you said you would most certainly choose the Sherwood, then say pick the sealed Diaphragm first stage. The Sherwood is an unbalanced Piston, the other 2 are sealed diaphragm. As for the little manufacturing details, if you look at the Oceanic, you'll see they have a great attention to detail, and their products are very high quality and nicely finished. Plus they will definetly out perform the Sherwood.

why don't you think 'bout SP??

I live in the Tampabay area, I tell ya, my heads hurts trying figure out what to do....Never in my life have I spend so much thought and time on scuba gear

I believe the medical term for what you have is called "The Scuba Bug"!:doctor:
If left untreated it can turn into a severe case of gear-junkitis , but don't worry it will pass away once your bank account is depleted or when you get a second job to pay for all the gear and eliminate all the free time you though you had to dive!

Wys

I dont quite understand this, you said you would most certainly choose the Sherwood, then say pick the sealed Diaphragm first stage. The Sherwood is an unbalanced Piston, the other 2 are sealed diaphragm.

He also said an adjustable second stage, yet Sherwood just came out with their first adjustable second stage.

The Sherwood Maximus has a balanced piston first stage with a diver adjustable second stage.

See link:
Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!

23.2_REG_image_2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom