Purchasing First Reg: Closest Shop is 3 Hours Away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FUD ha ha ha ScubaBoard and general diving education in an eggshell

Spending most of your time fixing the gate after the horse has disappeared rather than keeping the latch oiled

OR

Spending your time finding and practising solutions to issues rather than thinking to avoid issues from the start

Hey everyone. I tried to call Deep6 this morning but the call wouldn’t go through. Looks like their office is in the path of the deadly storms that ripped through Georgia. Hope they’re all okay. Sending prayers and positive energy their way.

Hi
If you restore chainsaw, I think that, for you, regulator maintenance won't be a problem :) :)
Now, regarding brands, I would not go for this "boutique" D6 brand because, unfortunately, they don't bring more than major manufacturers and may be burst in a few years.
But like it has been said...the thing you should care more about is ...filling :):)
People said the same about @Bobby with UWLD when he started, Halcyon when they started, and a myriad of other "boutique" brands. Knowing @LandonL and @cerich as well as I do, there are few out there more stubborn than the two of them and when they are working together it would take something impressive for them to close it down. I will continue to buy in confidence, speaking of which I actually have to order another Deep6 Signature reg set since my laziness won me over when I was at Aqui on Saturday and I need to get a yoke single tank set so I don't have to change hoses over anymore...

if you are doing your own servicing, maybe even consider a spec sealed used scubapro mk5/mk10 with a g250 or even ba156. some of the easiest to keep running as far as parts sourcing, ease of service, tools required, etc.

pretty much anything based off the apeks style (including zeagle/hog/deep 6/dive rite) is similar in ease to service with hog/deep 6/dive rite being a bit easier to source service kits.

This is an amazing forum. Thanks for sharing your ideas and experience. As an update, I’m leaning toward a D6 Signature reg package since they encourage users to service their own stuff and I like the looks of it.

And I think I’m going with a SG Paragon BP/W. Subgravity’s business office is in Utah, so I can support the local team. Plus there is a dive shop there that trains in and sells SG stuff. I guess the fact that I can get it in orange to match the orangey/yellow theme of the rest of my gear is a bonus too.

But it’s January and I have over 3 feet of snow in my yard, so I have plenty of time to change my mind.😆

where are you going to get fills?
Same problem here, although our LDS is a little closer but far enough that I wouldn't want to make the trek every day for one or two tanks. Might just end up with a weeks worth of tanks....or if wife and I end up diving a lot on our own (IE: not from dive charter boats) I will buy a compressor.

I have a little compressor with 2 bottle bank around 7k to get it set up. Just a FYI

The one I'm looking at is probably smaller. One bottle at a time and around $4k ready to go. Still expensive but the convenience factor is worth if we end up driving to the LDS more than once a week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom