Purchasing First Reg: Closest Shop is 3 Hours Away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have a picture of it?
The belt trim pockets are orange. From your previous post, it seems like I need to move them further outward. The BP trim pockets are black and on either side of the SG logo. FYI, that puts them at the same level as the upper cam band on the other side.

Attachments

• 99E46C98-11EA-4A5C-B5A7-45680892471E.jpeg
    99E46C98-11EA-4A5C-B5A7-45680892471E.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 52
The belt trim pockets are orange. From your previous post, it seems like I need to move them further outward. The BP trim pockets are black and on either side of the SG logo. FYI, that puts them at the same level as the upper cam band on the other side.

Yea put the waist trim pockets farther back against the wing/plate. I guess as long as the upper trim pockets are comfortable and don’t get in the way they’re fine there. I think most people put them on the upper cam bands, but whatever works for you.

Sounds good. Thanks for the input. Yeah, the BP pockets tuck back in a little better under the edge. I just had them rolled out so you can see them.

@Litefoot

You want the weights on your waist strap as far back as you are comfortable. When I say comfortable, I'm referring to how much ballast you need to be face down. You'll want a D-ring on the left side, possibly also the right. If you decide to go with a long hose, you'll want either a BFK or a canister light for routing the long hose on the right side. I hope this is clear.

Btw you may want to put some bicycle tire tubing on the harness to secure backup light(s)

Sounds good. Thanks for the input. Yeah, the BP pockets tuck back in a little better under the edge. I just had them rolled out so you can see them.
I concur with @wetb4igetinthewater - at least a slider in front of the pouches, so they don't move on you in the water. Then get a stainless steel bolt snap for your SPG (so you can attach it to the left D-ring).

If you're ever interested in diving the Blue Hole, let me know. If you're in SW Utah, it won't be too far. I'm happy to help you tweak your gear, and you are welcome to dive with us. We always have a few students hanging out and if not, I'll dive with you.

@Litefoot

You want the weights on your waist strap as far back as you are comfortable. When I say comfortable, I'm referring to how much ballast you need to be face down. You'll want a D-ring on the left side, possibly also the right. If you decide to go with a long hose, you'll want either a BFK or a canister light for routing the long hose on the right side. I hope this is clear.

Btw you may want to put some bicycle tire tubing on the harness to secure backup light(s)
Thank you for that great tips! I was reading your reply as my wife walked by and I asked her what BFK means. She replied “Big Fat Kiiester?”🤣 I now now it a Big F Knife.
I concur with @wetb4igetinthewater - at least a slider in front of the pouches, so they don't move on you in the water. Then get a stainless steel bolt snap for your SPG (so you can attach it to the left D-ring).

If you're ever interested in diving the Blue Hole, let me know. If you're in SW Utah, it won't be too far. I'm happy to help you tweak your gear, and you are welcome to dive with us. We always have a few students hanging out and if not, I'll dive with you.
Blue Hole sounds great! Do you have dates scheduled? I’m typing on my phone, so I can’t see if you have any website links. I live close to Flaming Gorge so I think most of my dives around here will be either there or the Midway crater.

Thank you for that great tips! I was reading your reply as my wife walked by and I asked her what BFK means. She replied “Big Fat Kiiester?”🤣 I now now it a Big F Knife.

Blue Hole sounds great! Do you have dates scheduled? I’m typing on my phone, so I can’t see if you have any website links. I live close to Flaming Gorge so I think most of my dives around here will be either there or the Midway crater.
I'll be there Friday and Saturday :wink: but, if you hit up our calendar you'll see most of the weekends we'll be out there. If you call the shop number, it forwards to my cell phone. I don't need much encouragement to go dive, and we shoot for at least one weekend that isn't on the calendar for "just diving" every month (i.e. we aren't teaching, we are just diving).

That being said, if I'm not going out to dive, I usually have students or friends that I can hook you up with. I have a DM who dives pretty much every Sunday come hell or high water, so just give me a call or hit me up here and I'll find you someone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom