Big thanks to the Forum + My Regulator Choice (MK11/C370)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditziano

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dear Scubaboard Forum,
In my quest to my regulator choice this forum has been of incredible help. First of all I would like to thank all the forum members that have responded/replied/discussed/argued/fought over the various regulators, first stages/second stages/octos.
The sheer vast amount of information that I have been able to read (not always process due to ignorance) has been really impressive.

As a warm water diver (60F would be my limit) I was looking for a decent Regulator set that would not break the bank. After reading, comparing and looking around, at the end I decided it to be the Scubapro MK11 Evo + C370 + R095.
I honestly do think it provides the best value from one of the "premium brands" (bought in Europe incl. VAT refund, prices in the US for Scubapro are crazy.).
I do acknowledge there might be other options (e.g. scuba.com grab bag, DGX, DiveRite...etc.) which might provide better value, but living in Mexico I appreciate the parts and dealer network Scubapro has...everywhere.

I am aware that the metal insert in the C370 faceplate is something that should be taken care of, as it seems to be a failure point. In addition, having a R095 is perhaps "subpar", it would be nice that Scubapro offered the bundle with a R195 or the newer R105; I might upgrade it at a later stage.
Choosing the MK11 evo is again because....I do not need more...(the "evo" is probably the only non-justified upgrade)...
While the ambient chamber is not sealed, I will take care of it as I tend to do with all my stuff.

Alternatives:
=> MK19- Evo/G260 would have been my favorite choice, it looks also impressive...but I do not NEED a cold water regulator and the price difference (+60%) is not justified in my case.
=> I had seconds thoughts with the Aqualung Helix package (not Compact / not Pro in order to be roughly in the same price category.
It also ticked all the boxes and I do like the fact that you get an equivalent Octopus (Octopus even seem to be always "Pro" = Cold water rated). But again, Aqualung in Mexico does not seem to have the network Scubapro has.

That being said, again thanks for all the comments, threads, posts and replies.
BR
Daniel

You did good, you have great equipment that will last you for a very long time. I wish you many decades of awesome safe diving!!!

Be happy, don't be sorry.

Ha! I got confused and posted to the wrong thread.

Congrats on the new regulator to the OP! Nice choice, cannot go wrong with a Scubapro :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom