C370 vs S270 recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diversa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking at purchasing a new Scubapro MK11 and have the option to pair with C370 or S270.

The S270 is slightly cheaper but not meaningfully. Is there anything that I should consider apart from the C370 having a breathing adjustment knob? C370 does seem to have a lot of love here, S270 seems to be a lot newer, not much info on the web in terms of performance/comfort etc. To my untrained eye, S270 appears more durable with a metal thread?

I'm assuming they're both very similar, so probably leaning towards the S270 based on slight price saving and durability perception and doubt I'd really miss the breathing adjustment (don't have much experience with one, I imagine I would adjust once and not touch again), but open to hear what I may be overlooking between the two.

Only do weekend rec diving, I live on the coast so most weekends and in warmer waters, I also travel a bit and would like to take the reg with me.
Thank you!

Looking at purchasing a new Scubapro MK11 and have the option to pair with C370 or S270.

The S270 is slightly cheaper but not meaningfully. Is there anything that I should consider apart from the C370 having a breathing adjustment knob? C370 does seem to have a lot of love here, S270 seems to be a lot newer, not much info on the web in terms of performance/comfort etc. To my untrained eye, S270 appears more durable with a metal thread?

I'm assuming they're both very similar, so probably leaning towards the S270 based on slight price saving and durability perception and doubt I'd really miss the breathing adjustment (don't have much experience with one, I imagine I would adjust once and not touch again), but open to hear what I may be overlooking between the two.

Only do weekend rec diving, I live on the coast so most weekends and in warmer waters, I also travel a bit and would like to take the reg with me.
Thank you!

I have both, the price difference is insignificant. I would buy the C370 not s270 for primary second stage. The adjustment knob is important and convenient especially in preventing air leaks and free flows.

Btw, I use the c370 in training equipment rental fleet without any reliability issues at all.

@rsingler - he did some testing on the S270 an I believe he was pretty impressed. A great value IIRC.

I have the C370 and love it. I use the most restrictive flow setting to slow down my breathing and I noticed the difference recently when I did my deep certification. There instead of having a stage bottle they clipped a large bottle off my side (Hyrdos Pro if that matters) and halfway thru each dove when we did a deep stop they had me breath off the pony (is it still called that if it’s still an AL80 or close to it?).

Anyhooo, I could really tell the difference between the regulator of the pony and my C370. Btw, I can go face up with that regulator and it won’t breath wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom